We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol palmanova

Kent
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
81 reviews
Sol palmanova

Hi, what’s the area like around this hotel and what are the drinks like for the all inclusive? Are they branded or all local brands please? Can’t decide between this or sol Barbados, or any other hotels you can recommend, thanks for any help

13 replies to this topic
weston-s-mare...
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Sol palmanova

The drinks are the usual local spirits , beer , wine etc. The area around Sol palmanova is very nice , lots of bars, shops etc and it is very close to a choice of three beaches. Option to upgrade to Gold AI for premium brand drinks. The Sol Barbados located at far end of Magaluf has a better drinks package which includes some branded spirits and cider and has better pool facilities. Been to both, prefer the Palmanova on location and evening entertainment stage/venue etc. The Barbados plus is the pool facilities

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: Sol palmanova

That's interesting, that the drinks are different I mean, seeing as they are both 'Sol' hotels I'd have thought that the drinks offered on the standard all inc package would be identical.

The beer out of the tap at the Sol Palmanova is excellent btw.

Kent
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Sol palmanova

Booked sol Barbados earlier today, great price, to good to miss, thanks.

weston-s-mare...
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Sol palmanova

You will not be disappointed with the Barbados. Re drinks package , the reason I think it differs is due to the board arrangement, ie PalmaNova is solely AI where the Barbados offers a range of board options starting from B&B so assume they stock the Bars with the aim of selling "better" drinks to the paying customers. In August this year for example jack daniels , cider and proper cocktails included in the standard AI package

Kent
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
81 reviews
5. Re: Sol palmanova

That’s good to know, we stayed at sol house in Torrelominos in March on a B and B basis and the drinks were branded which was good and there happy hour was good too, 2 for 1 on all drinks. Thanks

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Sol palmanova

Nice one CB.

You can get Strongbow on draught at Sol Palmanova, but it's not included on the All Inc tariff, but you can get it by paying 'half' the price, which I think was €1.50 last time.

I also noticed that 'proper' cocktails were made for people that had upgraded to the Gold Band all inclusive package, - very nicely presented they was too.

All in all I think Sol Melia is a good Hotel brand, whichever hotel you stay at.

We are returning to Sol Arona in Tenerife in January, after a good experience there in March this year.

5 posts
7. Re: Sol palmanova

mark2spark,fully agree with your comments on the SOL brand stayed at the Beach House Palma Nova earlier this month great hotel and the Pedro in Torrelominos in June who did a similar drinks package for the AI guests as the Barbados. The Sol PalmaNova is our family & friends hotel and when we all get together its our No1 choice catering for an age range of 3 to 59.

Kent
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
81 reviews
8. Re: Sol palmanova

Looks like I made a good choice, nearly booked the pedro but price changed as I was booking

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
100 reviews
9. Re: Sol palmanova

Is Sol House, and the Pedro, both in Torremolinos, two different hotels?

I will look out for them when musing about future destinations lol

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
100 reviews
10. Re: Sol palmanova

Whilst I'll stick with my praise on the Sol brand as a rule of thumb, we stayed at Melia Benidorm in May, and yes, nice hotel, nice pool area, but the drinks package on all inc wasn't what I was expecting, and the food aspect (on all inc) was also strange. I think it was the selection of lunchtime food that was really out of sorts for us, - I mean, who wants Duck á la Orange for lunch?

Sort of a bit too posh I suppose is what my conclusion would be.

Reply to: Sol palmanova
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations