We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
43 posts
37 reviews
Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

Hi

Has anyone booked a holiday (hotel only) with Love Holidays before?

Are they reliable etc?

Many thanks

Claire

13 replies to this topic
Sussex
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

There are lots of complaints about this online booker. The latest ones are right here on this forum a few days ago.

It might be better to book direct with the airline and accommodation. Always pay by credit card and take out travel insurance. Another company (middleman like Love Holidays) that gets a lot of complaints here is On the Beach.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

Ice lolly another one to avoid, they only do what you can do yourself and charge you.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
12,327 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

Ditto to posts #1 & 2

Wells, United...
Level Contributor
553 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

Sometimes it works out cheaper to book direct with the hotel. I did research on T A also Booking.com and then checked the hotel direct and the hotels own web page worked out the best deal.

scotland
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

We booked a holiday to Turkey with themfor last October. They entered my sons birthdate incorrectly, just to get the booking, and we spent the majority of our holiday being chased for extra money from the hotel. Not a pleasant experience.

We won’t be going through this type of company again, do it yourself direct if you can.

Oxfordshire, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

As all others have said, these types of companies just do what you can do yourself then add their commission.

First for flights look at the companies website and also use www.skyscanner.net to find cheapest price.

Then once you got the dates, go to the likes of www.trivago.com and look for accomodation - find one you like, then look for that hotels website and email them with the best price you've seen to see if there's anything they can do.

Don't forget your transfers, direct transfer can be had by the well reviewed http://www.balearic-transfer.com/en/reservar/ always look for the banner at the top where there usually is a discount code.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

I alwaays use Travel Republic, have done for years, never a problem.

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
11,843 posts
168 reviews
8. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

Having been in business for a number of years, and its still open the answer would be yes. If not I doubt they could afford the rent, website upkeep, etc. Economics 101.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

I always use Travelrepublic and Alpharooms never had problem and Cheaper than direct also found got a better room at accommodation.

Edited: 29 April 2018, 12:36
Glasgow
Level Contributor
905 posts
89 reviews
10. Re: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com

We have found that booking direct with the hotel is the best, for us anyway. It is generally cheaper and you are likely to get a better room by going direct. Having said that we booked direct with Hotel Born last August and that was very disappointing! But that was my fault, I fell for their photos of "deluxe" rooms and would have been better just going for a standard room, less than half the price.

Anyway getting back to the question, we used to use booking.com but they let us down on a B&B thing in France (long story and not relevant) and subsequently in our experience you definitely get better service, accommodation and price going straight to the organ grinder. Looking back I'm not sure exactly where the advantages lie in using a middleman? No doubt someone here can explain?!

Reply to: Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations