We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grupotel camp de mar hotel

hampshire
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
grupotel camp de mar hotel

Staying there in july this year what is the hotel and surrounding areas like and is there much to see and do in the evenings ?.

Going with the wife and we are both in our late forties.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

It is essentially a hotel-based holiday there.Idyllic location but it is a bit isolated.There is an infrequent local bus service to Santa Ponsa.Pto de Andraitx is close and that is a very attractive place,but expensively upmarket.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,645 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

I beg to differ about the bus frequency. The 102 bus goes to Palma, via Paguera and Santa Ponsa in one direction and Port Andraxt in the other pretty much hourly. See timetable

www.caib.es/sacmicrofront/archivopub.do…

No idea what to do in the hotel of anevening, but Paguera is very close, so if you fancied a night out there it would be either a bus ride or a short taxi ride.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

Little to do outside the hotel but the location is lovely - especially for walkers.

Bus runs hourly to Palma, Paguera or Puerto Andraix. A 15 minutes or so bus or taxi ride into Paguera, slightly longer to Puerto Andraix.

if you are there for more than a few days I would think hiring a car is pretty essential.

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

Hi

I have stayed at the Grupotel Camp de Mar on two occasions, the 2nd was in October 2010.

The hotel has evening entertainment every night and there are activites during the day.

The food is excellent and the hotel is spotlessly clean with friendly staff.

There are boat trips to Paguera, Santa Ponsa and the little bird Islands which I recommend, you book outside the hotel, turn right, a British lady is sitting there under an umberella.

Frequent bus services daily to these places.

The hotel rep will also take you for a walk one day a week, free of charge, we went to Andraix and also to the Tower(on separate occasions) giving us all the local history. It is a lovely place. There are also little bars and restaurants in Camp de Mar, a few shops and supermarkets. You can walk miles or just stay by the pool or beach.

Hope you enjoy your stay. I would definately go back.

Skegness, Lincs
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

We stayed there about 6/7 years ago as the stay part of a cruise and stay. The location is simply gorgeous, and the hotel just fine, no complaints at all. Bus sevices to Paguera, Palma, Port Andratx regularl. We are thinking strongly of returning this year for a chill out holiday. We love Majorca and particularly Camp de Mar.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

My wife and I are going to Camp de Mar this July, and we are looking forward to it, especially after seeing these comments! We've been to Majorca several times, but not to this part. We may hire a car, but only if its worth our while. Can anyone advise on that?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
7. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

A car would add a welcome extra dimension to your holiday there.You can pre-book from UK and pay in sterling at www.holidayautos.co.uk

If Camp de Mar is not on their pick up options list then try Peguera.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
75 reviews
8. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

A car is a Godsend if staying at Camp de Mar.

Skegness, Lincs
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

Ignore any bad reviews. Location idyllic. Food etc fine at hotel. Buses as stated more or less hourly. Not sure what else you would want. Ralph or Michael Schumacher (not sure which), Jasper Carrot and Claudia Schiffer all have houses there. If good enough for them ....

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: grupotel camp de mar hotel

hi just read your review on the playa camp de mar,, we allso are staying in june for a week following a criuse,, now previously afta a criuse we have been put at the back of the hotels in a out of the way room,, was your room sea view or did the same happen to you,, it looks a lovely hotel and would enjoy a sea view ,,

Get answers to your questions about Camp De Mar