We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Office

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
11 reviews
Tourist Office

Hi

Sorry I should have added this to my last thread.

We are staying at Atlantic Pearl Apartments on Rua De Leste, we would like to know where the tourist office is, also the bus station is from there, are the taxis reasonable around Quarteira, just in case we want to get taxi back from a restaurant. I have a list of restaurants from TA so hopefully will get to a few. Is there a Lidl's supermarketn in Quarteira.

Once again would appreciate any information you may have.

regard

PS

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,070 posts
1. Re: Tourist Office

All Google Maps coordinates:

Tourist information: 37.068088,-8.104214

Bus station: 37.067835,-8.100078

Lidl: 37.073789,-8.078814 (google maps doesn't show Lidl, the map is old but Lidl is outside Quarteira)

Another supermarket with good prices is Algartalhos: 37.065271,-8.090369

All (apart from Lidl) is walking distance.

Taxis are cheap, there's a rank at the bus station.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,070 posts
2. Re: Tourist Office

In case you don't have it yet, I'm adding the website of the Algarve Tourist information

www.visitalgarve.pt

Under 'downloads' you'll find the monthly program which covers the entire Algarve.

There you'll also find ebooklets, brochures and maps.

All is available at the tourist office as well.

When you arrive at Faro airport, the first shop on your left in the arrivals hall, is another tourist information office.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,796 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Tourist Office

Getting to the bus station is easy - just walk along the main dual carriageway into town and it's right there, about 8 - 10 minutes walk.

Some buses do stop closer to Rua de Leste but there is nothing at the stops to tell you when they do so.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Tourist Office

Fantastic guys thanks once again.

Lots to look at tonight and really getting excited, just one more question, is the sea water warming up. : )

Thanks again.

regards

PD

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,796 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Tourist Office

It was until today, which has been a bit cloudy and here in Albufeira, just along the coast, I can see from my window that the sea is a fairly rough in quite a stiff breeze.

Things should be getting back to normal June after the weekend.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Tourist Office

Great thanks again.

regards

PD

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,070 posts
7. Re: Tourist Office

Sea water is 17C atm. Rather fresh!

Have a look at our national weather website for weather forecasts. You'll also see the sea water temperatures: http://www.ipma.pt/en/index.html

8. Re: Tourist Office

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira
Recent Conversations