We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cigarette prices

Dundalk, Ireland
7 posts
cigarette prices

Does anyone know how much it costs to buy 200 cigarettes in Quarteira?

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
1. Re: cigarette prices

The same as everywhere, tobacco prices are regulated and fixed by the government.

Dundalk, Ireland
7 posts
2. Re: cigarette prices

I've never been to portugal, are they the same price as spain?

Dundalk, Ireland
7 posts
3. Re: cigarette prices

Dundalk, Ireland
7 posts
4. Re: cigarette prices

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,181 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: cigarette prices

Not as expensive as Spain at the moment but we are facing massive tax rises here in the New Year so all prices are going to rise.

Currently 200 international brand cigs are costing 36 - 38 Euros on average (as the post above says prices are regulated by government and are the same everywhere including the airport) local brands are a little cheaper.

Expect a rise of at least 10% in January.

lisbon
Level Contributor
281 posts
6. Re: cigarette prices

Some cigarrette brands such as Camel used to be cheaper in Spain. I've heard though they were now more expensive in Spain than here.

Anyway, it's a lot cheaper in comparison to the UK or Ireland, something like between 3.50€ / 4.20€ a packet. If you buy cartons it's not alowed to have any discount, unless you're in an airport duty free and you're flying out of the EU - must produce your boarding pass for that.

On the islands - Madeira and Açoes - it's a lot cheaper: between 2€ and 3€. That is probably going to change in 2012.

7. Re: cigarette prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 15:49
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira
Recent Conversations