We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
207 reviews
Christmas

Can anybody give me any clues as to what it will be like at christmas?,thinking of going 19th-26th Dec.

Are there still going to be shops/bars open,or will the place be a ghost town.

Any info appreciated.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,079 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Christmas

Quarteira is a 'proper' town in that it wasn't built for tourism. In that sense it doesn't ever become a ghost town, people live there.Vilamoura, the next door resort town., is where most people go for holidays and will be fairly quiet.

Over Christmas, there are plenty of people around in general as schools are on holiday here as well. However, on December 24th everything closes down early including most restaurants and bars. I cannot speak for Quarteira in particular but there are always places open on 25th December, Christmas day except shops etc of course. The Portuguese do their main thing on Christmas Eve followed by midnight Mass.

The 26th is not a holiday here so for most people it's back to work.

One thing you will be guaranteed is that the weather will be considerably better than it will be in Leeds! Quarteira has a very nice and long beach and on a good day, even in December, it can be a nice walk.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
207 reviews
2. Re: Christmas

Thanks for your reply cubsur,shall have to give it some thought now!.

1 post
3. Re: Christmas

I Hope its a great place to be at christmas as we have booked a holiday there from dec 20th to 27th 2011fingers crossed not long to go now

glasgow
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Christmas

also thinking of having christmas here but a wee bit aprehensive about the weather but i think we may give it a go

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Christmas

The Joker (English Bar & Restaurant) will be open during the festive season. Malcolm and Grace have been there 25 years and will offer their invaluable experience for anyone who needs it.

Just up from the Fish Market

Also great home cooked food as well

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Christmas

Hi there, did you go to Portugal in December? How was it? Just doing some research as I would also like I make a trip there in December. Thanks

7. Re: Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:10
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira
Recent Conversations