We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
209 posts
114 reviews
Trip Report

Thank you to all who help make my trip a success.My enthusiasm to start planning 1 year in advance was graciously met with quick and effecient responses.

We arrived in Naxos by way of Blue Star Ferry from Santorini. Other than overcrowding in the terminal on Santorini, it was an enjoyable 1.5 hour ride.

Our boutique hotel; Glaros was close to the ferry, yet due to extremely windy conditions and being overtired, we opted for catching a cab.

Our first night, we had the opportunity to take in a Cultural event at the Venetian Castle. With the sky as our ceiling and views of the water to our right, we observed traditional Greek dancing and music that explained the history of Naxos. I was fascinated to learn so much about Naxos.

The following day, armed with Greek Traveler's advise to visit the mountain villages, we rented a car. We would have missed so much of the culture of this island had we not done this. We got a little lost, but that was the joy of not having deadlines. We went to villages were women were weaving in the store window, displaying beautiful items that were difficult to resist. We went to the village where marble lined the streets. Most memorable was the village that we just happened upon when we thought we were lost. Koronos. Here we sat for some iced drinks and complimentary sugary fruit.

I believe the one day driving itinerary was most helpful in seeing as much of Naxos as we could in a short period of time. Once again, Thank you Greek Travelor.

Next, we go to Istanbul by way of Athens. Naxos is truly a relaxed way of life less touristy than Santorini, and a great opportunity to visit a traditional Greek Island.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,965 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for your kind words TYJT, and thanks for coming back to us with this report. I am happy to see that you enjoyed Naxos !

Edited: 23 September 2012, 18:09
Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Trip Report

Yes, Erik is a wonderful person to know when it comes to planning a trip to Naxos! :)

We enjoyed a jazz and blues concert at the Venetian concert last Saturday and it was one of the highlights of our trip. The venue and setting are very hard to beat.

Thank you for sharing your time on this wonderful island,

Jo

3. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 15:45
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town
Recent Conversations