We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Apartment Naxos

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Apartment Naxos

My husband and I (mid 50's) will be in Naxos mid September and would like a quiet place preferably on or near a really sandy beach. We will have a car so it won't matter if it's out of town. If it's near some great restaurants that would be even better.

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,295 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Apartment Naxos

In my opinion Agios Prokopios area will be ideal for you. It is some 6 kms out of town, but is a resort where you will find all you require along with one of the best beaches in Greece.

Here is an album to show you:

…online.no/album/orderonlytsl/showalbum.php…

("Se lysbildevisning" means "View slideshow"; "Neste" means "Next"; "Hastighet" means "Speed").

Some of the photos are from April\May, and some from late September \ early October. The album starts with the Stelida area, then the access over a small hill towards Agios Prokopios and Agia Anna.

Closer to Naxos town you find Agios Georgios (St. George):

It is much more shallow and crowded, but is only within minutes walking distance from town.

In between these areas you will find Ammos Studios, where I usually stay:

It is very quiet and nice, and the manager is very serviceminded and helpful.

http://www.ammos-naxos.com/

If you have a car it is very convenient. However, there is a public bus service for town and for the west coast beaches which stops within 100 meters from the studios.

FYI: I am 62 myself, and find a quiet place to stay is essential, whereas I like it to be within easy connection to other resorts, beaches or restaurants to visit when I feel like it.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Agios Prokopios
Agios Prokopios
Naxos, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Agia Anna
Agia Anna
Naxos, Greece
Naxos Town
Naxos Town
Naxos, Greece
Agios Georgios
Agios Georgios
Corfu, Greece
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Apartment Naxos

Thank you so much for your reply. I have looked at the web site for the apartments and they look great. Really appreciate the help you give on this forum ! Looking forward to Naxos very much !

Kindest regards

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
3. Re: Hotel/Apartment Naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 02:46
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town
Recent Conversations