We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shelter from wind

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
186 reviews
Shelter from wind

Is there areas in the old town that are more sheltered from the wind; other than being inside?

4 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,111 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Shelter from wind

Depends entirely on the local buildings and directions of streets.

The wind is generally from the North, so a N-S running street north side of Chora hill will probably be windy. The south side of Chora hill generally not so windy.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,794 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Shelter from wind

from your artist / drawing point of view I think the lanes of the old town will be fairly sheltered from wind as they have twists and turns all over the place and the outside building structures shelter any wind

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
186 reviews
3. Re: Shelter from wind

Thank you both for your helpful responses.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,794 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Shelter from wind

Most of the wind seem to blow down the bay toward the airport runway. Down at that point you see windsurfing clubs and the sand dunes down there tell all. If you see my trip report I cover the area and point out things like that. Also photographing in the lanes I am always looking for that perfect shot of say a lady sweeping with her broom with the old buildings as a background. I guess you will be looking for similar things.

Reply to: Shelter from wind
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town
Recent Conversations