We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals $$$

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rentals $$$

Looking everywhere for good car rental rates (PHF) for a week in May with no luck :-( Been working priceline with no luck yet. Would like to keep it under $250 including tax & fees. Any ideas of any locations off airport property? I did check an enterprise location on J Clyde Morris Blvd, but unsure what it would cost to get there & how. Plus, they close at noon on Saturday & what if my flight doesn't make it by 10:30 am? Flight out is late, so need to include an extra day :-(

Any thoughts?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals $$$

The mileage from PHF (NN airport) to J.Clyde Morris Blvd.is app. 5 miles.The best way to get there is by taxi,there should be plenty at the airport.You may also want to contact Dollar rent a car at www.Dollar.com.I do not know how much they charge you but I hope this info helps a little.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals $$$

Thanks for the info. I think we are going to go with an offsite location for Enterprise & save the extra $150plus. Hope our flight arrives in plenty of time to get there before noon. Have spoke with the Enterprise location on Jefferson Ave. We're spending the last night at Hampton Inn by the PH Mall. Returning car early (Enterprise will take us back to hotel) & hotel offers late check out & to keep our bags, so we can use hotel shuttle to the airport later that day.

Lots of maneuvering but I think this will work :-)

I will continue to check priceline & other places, until out trip.

The other reservation can be easily canceled.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals $$$

Dollar shows a location for Norfolk airport, but not Newport News. Am I missing something?

4. Re: Car Rentals $$$

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 09:46