We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation for block of rooms for daughters weddin

walnut creek...
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation for block of rooms for daughters weddin

Our daughter is getting married at The Bull Run Winery early July next year. Many of the guests will b flying into Dulles Airport. We are looking for recommendations for a nice hotel near the airport for guests to stay overnight in and if possible it might have a breakfast room with area to gather the morning after. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!!

3 replies to this topic
Springfield, VA
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation for block of rooms for daughters weddin

Please see my response to your other question here:

https:/…86007793

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation for block of rooms for daughters weddin

Closest option will be Manassas, look at properties at the I-66 / Route 234 Business exit - #47. From there you are no more than 10 minutes to the winery, except during rush hour. Nothing special - Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Wyndham, that type of place but perfectly serviceable and very convenient. No more than 30 minutes from Dulles sans rush hour. Next best options would be those mentioned on the Route 28 corridor up closer to Dulles......Westfields is 15 minutes from Dulles and maybe 20 from Bull Run, area borders residential and office buildings. Rental cars will be a necessity, this is suburbia and I'm not aware of any public options from hotels near Dulles to the winery. Manassas hotels would likely run a shuttle to the winery if you spoke with them in advance, given the close proximity.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation for block of rooms for daughters weddin

If you're looking for budget / no frills, as suggested the Route 234 exit off I-66 is your best bet, as you have a mix of hotels. If you want "nicer," I'd suggest the Westfields Marriott off of Rt. 28. Its 11 miles / 20 minutes from the winery, and boasts a fitness center, pool, tennis courts, restaurant, and some gardens. We held a firm retreat there once, and it was reasonably upscale without being stuffy. As it's also a conference center they'll be experienced with block bookings, helping with group travel to the winery, etc.: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g57…

EDIT: It's been several years since I've stayed at that Marriott, and recent reviews are marginal. You might want to check it out in person before committing a big group to it.

Edited: 03 September 2017, 22:23
Reply to: Hotel recommendation for block of rooms for daughters weddin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted