We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked in Pocomoke City for 2016 pony swim. Should I cancel?

Washington...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Booked in Pocomoke City for 2016 pony swim. Should I cancel?

I booked a room for a first time trip to see the pony swim in Pocomoke City at the Econo Lodge as it was the only place close by with rooms available. After booking, I have since read reviews on here that are making me rethink the stay! We have visited Chincoteague before and are familiar with that area, but have only driven past Pocomoke City. Can anyone advise as to whether this place is in a safe area, or any other suggestions??? Thank you!

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
505 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked in Pocomoke City for 2016 pony swim. Should I cancel?

It's not likely to be unsafe, but it's not an ideal vacation spot either. Call the Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce (757.336.6161 or info@chincoteaguechamber.com) - I'm sure they can help you find a closer spot for Pony Swim! I can absolutely say that you will not want to be driving back & forth from Pocomoke. Most locals hunker down and stay put for that week - traffic on & off the island can be a challenge!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,862 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked in Pocomoke City for 2016 pony swim. Should I cancel?

Our first Pony Swim visit, we ended up staying in Salisbury, MD due to a mix-up with reservations in Exmore, VA. The drive was fine, and it's farther than Pokomoke. I would not cancel, just use common sense, I.e., don't leave valuables in your car overnight, etc. Hope you have a great time. There is nothing else in the world quite like Pony Week!

3. Re: Booked in Pocomoke City for 2016 pony swim. Should I cancel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Chincoteague Island