We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Hiking Oportunities in Waitsfield Area

Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
Day Hiking Oportunities in Waitsfield Area

I'm planning a 2016 late-summer or early fall trip with my wife to day hike in the Green Moumtains. I've ordered a book from the Green Mountain Club on day hikes, but was hoping for some local insight on hikes in the 3 to 6 mile range in the general area of Waitsfield. I'm zeroing in on a B&B for a weeklong stay, but am open to additional suggestions.

4 replies to this topic
Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Day Hiking Oportunities in Waitsfield Area

Get up on top of Camel's Hump (my favorite mountain in Vermont). The Monroe trail is closest to Waitsfield. vtstateparks.com/pdfs/camels_hump_trails.pdf

Mt. Abraham via the Long Trail from the top of Lincoln Gap is another great hike. Drive up Lincoln Gap Road from Route 100 and the trail head is at the top.

Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Day Hiking Oportunities in Waitsfield Area

Thank you, Adm_VT. Just got back from hiking the White Mountains and fell in love with NH & VT. I appreciate the suggestions very much! Can't wait until 2016! Please let me know if you think of other suggestions, including B&B recommendations!

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Day Hiking Oportunities in Waitsfield Area

Check out the Inn at Round Barn Farm. http://www.theroundbarn.com/ I attended a wedding there a few years ago and it is a beautiful property, and others on here have recommended it. Pretty quick drive down into Waitsfield but you feel out in the middle of nowhere up at the Inn.

Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Day Hiking Oportunities in Waitsfield Area

Adm_VT, thanks again! I looked up the Round Bend Farm and it looks outstanding. I'll put it on my list and show my wife. I'm really liking the Waitsfield area.

Reply to: Day Hiking Oportunities in Waitsfield Area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waitsfield
Recent Conversations
More Waitsfield Topics