We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

My fiance and I are considering a small wedding in the Fall at the Round Barn Inn. Since it will be a small wedding, we were thinking of a SUNDAY ceremony & reception. The Inn is booked for most Saturdays for other weddings & all rooms are occupied. Can anyone provide any advice for other places to stay in the area for both the bride & groom as well as our guests (about 50)?

Chester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

Are you looking for accommodation for the Saturday night? I assume since your address is Florida that would be the case. Finding rooms for 50 people during the fall (unless you book a year or so in advance) can be difficult. You would also need to bear in mind that you would need to apply for your licence before the wedding and as far as I know you can only obtain these in person (Monday to Friday) at any town hall in VT. Also consider that most lodging properties require a two night minimum stay during fall. I would also ask the Innkeepers at Inn at Round Barn to see if they can help with suggestions. Alternativly consider a few weeks earlier - September is a wonderful time in VT and while there is not the full force of Foliage color the early spots of pinks and reds coupled with the warmer temperatures and no crowds would be conducive to a relaxed and wonderful wedding.

Warren, Vermont
Level Contributor
152 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

as73,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. The Round Barn is a perfect setting and we have many quality B&B's in the Mad River Valley to choose from. Like the previous poster stated, fall is a very busy time and some places have weekends already booked for weddings. I would take a look at the madrivervalley.com site and click on online availability to see how your wedding weekend is booked up. As usualy check the tripadvisor reviews on the area properties. If I can be of any help, please give me a call or email.

Luke

800-496-8878

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
3. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

Thank you so much for your replies. In answer to the question about a Saturday stay, yes - we would likely stay Friday until Tuesday for the wedding. I checked the madrivervalley.com site (great suggestion - thanks!) and there is some availability in the outlying areas such as Sugarbush. How far is that from the Round Barn? Also, can anyone tell me the temperatures in mid-September, early November, and April? We'd like the weather to be cool (esp since the Barn does not have a/c) and since we live in Florida, we're trying to escape the heat....

Chester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

Compared to Florida most summer temperatures in Vermont are 'cool". personally I'd avoid November and April for a wedding as the weather is unrealiable. April is cold and muddy and November can be cold and barren. Any time from June thru October would be temperate and beautiful. Some days in July august can be sticky but these days are few and far between and most evenings the temperature drops.

Warren, Vermont
Level Contributor
152 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

as73

Sugarbush is the Mad River Valley, we are all the same, four towns comprising one Valley. You are never more then 10 minutes from anything. What are the dates you are looking for? The weather starts to cool in September, beautiful & cool in October, November has no leaves but is a wild monochromatic landscape & April tends to be muddy in the Valley, still snow on the ski runs. We can have a freak snow anytime in October & November and April for that matter.

Hope this helps.

Luke

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
6. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

Thank you - very helpful. I am looking at October 5th or 12th. Provided my guests (who will all be from out of town) can find accommodations, that is our preferred time period. If we can't make that work, then perhaps mid-May?

Warren, Vermont
Level Contributor
152 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

AS73,

MY 2 CENTS: You'd be crazy to do it the 12th of october, that is Columbus weekend & there is never a room in that Valley to be had ands it is also a complete madhouse. I know there is a wedding the weekend of the 3 & 4th, we are booked up & so are a bunch of other places. Would your guests be arriving on Sunday or Saturday...Saturday will be a tough one. If your guests do a Sunday & Monday stay the B&B's will love it.

May is always super quite & you'd have your pick of the litter.

Luke

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
8. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

Oh dear - I didn't realize 10/12 was Columbus weekend. If we did 10/5, guests would likely arrive on Saturday and stay the weekend. It sounds like that would be tough though. Any thoughts on 10/26? Otherwise, what is the weather like in May?

Chester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
62 reviews
9. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

10/26 is past peak. It will be quieter for sure but the weather can be unreliable - we sometimes have snow late october! The other problem with October is that you and your guests will be paying top dollar. May is a better bet. There are probably deals to be had, the staff and Innkeepers will be refreshed following the quiet "mud" season and I honestly think the wonderful pallet of every shade of green as the leafs bud, is comparable to the flaming reds of autumn.

Warren, Vermont
Level Contributor
152 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Round Barn Farm Wedding - other inns for guests?

innVic is correct about the unpredictable weather. It was beautiful the end of october last year. Vermont weather is always a crapshoot. I aslo can not argue with everyone being recharged in May. But you will still be getting a very high quiality product with a late oct. wedding. Your choice.

Luke

Get answers to your questions about Waitsfield
Recent Conversations
More Waitsfield Topics