We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

white church

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
white church

Hi Guys just say some great shots of Stowe, the white steepled church is a main focal point, is there a hill behind town that you can get to to take the same shots, or are you in someones farm.

Do Stoweigians get upset if you ask to take photo;s from there land.

The winter photo's were dynamic, we will have to come back to see the snow.

What other photo opportunites do you recomend, Emilies bridge will be in fame for sure, or is the place so kitchy that point and shoot is the order of the day.

Scott....I shoot with a cannon and a new Fuji xs1

Vermont
Level Contributor
335 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: white church

Drive around, use your sense of what will look right. I would not go on someone's private land, but feel free to troll the backroads for an excellent vantage point.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: white church

I think you can get some excellent shots of that church and the town & surrounding hills from the roadside on Rt. 108.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: white church

Thanks VT & C & L , we are in countdown mode till our trip starts, thank you for the hints.

Scott Land Of Oz...............

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: white church

Most welcome. Rt. 108 is full of shops, pubs, hotels, etc... so it will be no problem to stop and take photos from many spots. There's also a great rec path that meanders north roughly alongside Rt. 108, which is a must-do for walking or renting bikes.

There will also be lots of great long, panoramic shots from Mt. Mansfield's toll road and the top of the mtn.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: white church

Chris and Liz thank you again for your Vermont hospitality in words.

The pictures I've seen of the state are outstanding, in the flesh they will look better.

Scott

6. Re: white church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Stowe