We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald lake State Park

New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Emerald lake State Park

Just wondering if anyone has done any camping here, if so which sections of the campgrounds have the best sites. I'm planning a trip this July with a few friends and our children (anywhere from 7 to 14 years old). No RVs just tents. Also looking for some things to do with the kids in the area and maybe a couple of kid friendly restaurants close by. Thanks alot Rob

2 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,296 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emerald lake State Park

just about all restaurants are kid friendly. Dorset is pretty small but Manchester is close by. Bromley has activities (paid) like alpine slide. driving up Mt Equinox and walking to Mr Barbo's monument is fun. I think Hildene could still be fun for kids that age.

may be some concerts in the area. don't know all the watering holes in the area but there is one just past stratton mountain on the mountain road with small waterfall which my kids loved. should not be a problem finding things to do.

Mentioned in this post
The Dorset Inn
The Dorset Inn
281 Reviews
Dorset, VT
The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa, Vermont
The Equinox, A Luxury...
1,473 Reviews
Manchester, VT
conn
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emerald lake State Park

I would suggest one of the parks lean too sites. This offers you a way to stay above the ground and protect you from rain. The sites situated further in or South to me are the best. i always try to find one close to the restrooms, they have a map online check it out. If you go west on Rt 30 from Manchester there is the Dorset Quarry, the 14 yr old will love the ledge jumping, not sure about the 7 ys old. Bromley Mt offers an alpine slide suitable for for all, about 20-30 minutes away. In Danby (just north onf RT 7) there is a little genral store where you can get fresh sandwiches. Get the sandwiches and take a ride up Forest rd 10, into the Green Mountain National Forest (check out their website). Great overlook for a picnic or hike to Little Rock Pond along the AT/LT.

Mentioned in this post
The Dorset Inn
The Dorset Inn
281 Reviews
Dorset, VT
Green Mountain National Forest
Green Mountain National...
22 Reviews
Rutland, VT
Reply to: Emerald lake State Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dorset