We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

munster, IN
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

Heading to Burlington Oct 3-5. Would we need to rent a car from the airport? Are there any available guides to maybe show us the ropes on a short hike to see waterfalls or into the mountains? Thanks much!!

8 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
306 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

If you go to wanderwisdom.com there is an itinerary to see seven waterfalls in and around the Burlington area in one day. Now according to the author it takes 8 hours. Hope that is helpful

munster, IN
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

Thank you. I will look into that!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,525 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

Bingham Falls in Stowe gets my vote as one of the best short waterfall hikes. About 15 minutes each way.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

Are you really looking for a "guide" or just transportation to trail heads?

No offence to guides, they are great for advanced hiking and certain circumstances, but for short walks to see waterfalls nearby one would be a waste of money IMO. I also don't think any true guide would apply his trade to such hikes but I could be wrong.

If it's not transportation you're looking for I'd suggest some on line research for nearby hikes then when you get there swing into Outdoor Gear Exchange on Church street for maps and they could probably help with unanswered questions too.

But if you want a guide for transport......I'd consider renting a car instead. There are probably some trails withing a reasonable taxi ride.....but getting back could be an issue especially if the cell coverage is still as spotty as I remember it being in the area.

munster, IN
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

Thank you everyone! We are only there for 2 days so my intent was to find the "must sees from a local's point of view"!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

I understand you want to know in advance.....but if nothing turns up here or with googling I'm sure people in the gear store I mentioned will be able to point you to the type of hike you're looking for and of course have a local point of view.

conn
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

You could see if the Green Mountain Club has any group hikes. The club also publishers the Day Hiking Guide to VT a great book. The Falcon guide to Hiking VT is good as well. Have a good and safe trip.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
455 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?

Sierra Clubs and Meetups are both places where you may be able to contact locals about Hiking or there maybe a Hike already planned- have a great time!

Reply to: Is there anybody who acts as a Guide?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted