We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five day trip during the week/

fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
92 posts
250 reviews
Five day trip during the week/

Hi All!

Thinking of driving from Hudson ny or beacon ny to Vermont for a five day trip to a Vermont townnor city that has scenic hikes, cute shops and good restaurants.

Will be traveling with a small service dog and would like a town that is no more than a two and a half hour drive from either Hudson ny( close to Massachusetts border) or beacon ny,

Any suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
207 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Five day trip during the week/

Manchester / Dorset sounds like a good fit for you. Not too far from Hudson

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Five day trip during the week/

Given your travel time restrictions you'll want to focus on the southern part of the state. Manchester might be your best bet for the shops and restaurants as well as having hiking a short drive away. If you're willing to go a little further, Woodstock may interest you.

fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
92 posts
250 reviews
3. Re: Five day trip during the week/

Thanks for the suggestions. Is Manchester have pretty greenery or is it more city like? I’m really looking for pretty landscapes as the city down here is very hot and humid!

Edited: 03 August 2018, 04:38
fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
92 posts
250 reviews
4. Re: Five day trip during the week/

I spoke to a friend who has family in Manchester she told me it is really nice.

What scenic driving road do you recommend taking to Manchester if I’m leaving from Hudson or Chatham Ny?

Does Route 9 or taconic parkway go to Manchester ?

Reply to: Five day trip during the week/
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted