We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
215 reviews
FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

We had a reservation at this hotel for our summer trip. A couple of weeks ago we received an email that it was no longer going to be a Best Western branded hotel, but that our reservation should still be valid. Now a couple of days ago, we received another email that they are closing their doors all together and gave a phone number to call with any questions.

I called Best Western to confirm that the email was true and then had them cancel the reservation. Then I called the local number that was in the email and the man on the phone said both of their properties were closing.....at first I thought he meant the other Best Western in town, but he said no, the Landmark was the other one closing.

Just wanted to share in case it helps any other fellow travelers.

10 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,879 posts
449 reviews
1. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

Lot of changes in Vernal - kind of a boom/bust with the energy business. I just drove through there yesterday. Amazes me to still see construction after a ton of new hotels just came on line a few years ago and knowing that things aren't quite booming out there any more. It's a completely different town than it was 10 years ago.

In any case, you won't have a problem finding a hotel. I usually just drive through but when I do stay I am generally at the SpringHill Suites or TownePlace next door. Both close to Cafe Rio.

Have fun.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
215 reviews
2. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

Interesting Tumbleweed.....I don't really know much about the town other than it's near Dinosaur Nat'l Monument, where we are visiting this summer.

Found another hotel and booked it, so we're good to go!

Oh and both hotels are closing April 1st.....I forgot to put that in my original post.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

The Microtel in what's technically Naples was very nice when we were there in 2015.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
215 reviews
4. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

Thanks kitap!

Edgewood, New Mexico
1 post
1 review
5. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

The hotel is lovely recently remodeled evidently under new ownership. Friendly staff clean all nice upgrades. A great place to stop

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
215 reviews
6. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

Glad to hear it is open again! Thanks for the update.

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
49 reviews
7. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

How interesting, I live nearby and had no idea they were closing.

There are a couple of new hotels in Vernal that are very nice, and I hope you found one of them for your trip.

If you need any help or advice on local places let me know.

*Pixie*

Columbia Station...
1 post
8. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

This may not be a Best Western anymore but it is very much open. It has new owners that are very nice. the breakfast was very good and the owners cooked right in front of you. Stayed on June 10 2018. We had the family suite and have no complaints.

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
11,490 posts
1 review
9. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

Did the new place have a name ? Sounds like the pkace closed in a sale then a rebranding.

Best western is one hotel chain known to have places drop and new places added. Off the top of my head I recall 4...one in Port Angeles, one in Friday harbor, one in chelas, wa and the other in Torrey.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
215 reviews
10. Re: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel

At the time I posted this last year, it was closed. Glad to hear it has reopened under new ownership.

Reply to: FYI: Best Western Dinosaur Inn is closing plus another hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vernal