We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

solitude area vs snowbird/alta area

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
solitude area vs snowbird/alta area

Ok, we are good to great skiers. Ages from 30-65. We stayed at Snowbird a few years ago and loved the area. Looking to travel to Utah again this ski season. Prices at Snowbird/Alta are crazy high, while Solitude is reasonable. Would we be happy staying and skiing in the Solitude area for 4 days of skiing? Never been there so I have no idea what to expect. Thanks for your help.

5 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
449 reviews
1. Re: solitude area vs snowbird/alta area

Welcome to the forum. Less overall terrain at Solitude than at Snowbird/Alta but I wouldn't consider that a negative factor. The village at Solitude is more attractive than Snowbird. Keep in mind you have both Solitude and neighboring Brighton. Renovations the last few years at Solitude have left it with a very nice lift network. For a four-day trip, it's a good way to go.

Have fun.

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: solitude area vs snowbird/alta area

Traveling over to snowbird/Alta for a day is doable from solitude?

USA
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: solitude area vs snowbird/alta area

yes

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
142 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: solitude area vs snowbird/alta area

Solitude is also connected to Brighton via the Sol-Bright trail. I love the deep tree skiing that Brighton has to offer so you could always to a connected pass that way. If you stay at the mouth of the canyons you could essentially take the UTA ski bus to any of the ski resorts of your choice.

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: solitude area vs snowbird/alta area

Thanks for the info!

Reply to: solitude area vs snowbird/alta area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Snowbird
More Snowbird Topics