We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St George Help

England, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
St George Help

myself and sister and hubby, are thinking of going to st george to see the eclipse on may 21st next year , we are staying in vegas so any help to get there , bus or train etc , or any info about the eclipse would be great , thank you for any info

Cedar City, UT
Level Contributor
307 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St George Help

There are two shuttle services that operate between the Las Vegas airport and St. George. They each have many daily departures and are $50 round trip.

stgeorgeshuttle.com & stgeorgeexpress.com

I believe that the eclipse is May 20, 2012, not May 21st.

A good website for eclipse info. is:

…nasa.gov/SEdecade/SEdecade2011.html

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St George Help

May want to just rent a small car. Give you more flexibility.And it would be cheaper than three people paying for the shuttle.After the shuttle drops you off, then what are you going to do?If you had a car, you could explore a little, maybe head to the higher elevations of Zion to see the eclipse. However if you don't drive, the shuttle would be a good option.

Las Vegas has no passenger rail service.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St George Help

In regards to the eclipse in May. From my very limited understanding of Universal Time I estimated the maximum eclipse for Bryce as 6:30 PM on the 20th. The charts show 01:31 UT on 5/21. So I subtracted 7 hours, correct? I'm confused as usual. Fortunately I have 8 months to get this right. We'll be in Bryce for the 20th & 21st. Dumb luck.

England, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St George Help

thanks for the info , it is the 21st for america -The annular solar eclipse of May 20 2012 will be visible across south-east Asia, the north Pacific, and the south-west USA. The annular phase runs from 22:06:17 UT on May 20, when the eclipse begins in the Gulf of Tongking, to the end of the eclipse in Texas at 01:39:11 UT on May 21.

5. Re: St George Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 18:48
Get answers to your questions about St. George