We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CHEAP lodging in PC?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
278 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
CHEAP lodging in PC?

Hi all. This trip was supposed to be with my son and a friend. Long story short, my son broke his leg, and I can't get a flight refund- so I'm going.

We originally were going to Eden to ski Powder and Snowbasin, but since it's just me, I'm going to PC instead, as I have always wanted to ski Deer Valley. My son didn't want to ski there last time, due to the lack of a terrain park. I shortened the trip and will be skiing only 2 days- one at DV, and the other probably Canyons. Although I am considering Alta (we skied Snowbird last year).

So, since it is just myself, I am looking to stay cheap somewhere. It can be a hotel, condo, whatever. Last time we stayed at the Canyons in April and it was great, but I am having a difficult time finding something affordable on VRBO at this time of the year.

So, my main question is- where is a decent, cheap (around $100- $150) place to stay?

Also, any suggestions on where to ski (besides DV) and what to do as a "single" guy. In the past I have skied PCMR, Canyons, and Snowbird. Loved them all- but what's not to love about utah skiing?

Thanks everyone, and I am leaving Feb 24...

North Salt Lake...
Level Contributor
25 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: CHEAP lodging in PC?

Hi there,

We own and operate the Best Western CottonTree Inn In Sandy, Utah. They have a great Skier's rate starting at just $89.00 per night. Details can be viewed at www.cottontreeinns.com. They are very close to the mouth of Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons. Within 20 minutes of Alta, Brighton, Solitude and Snowbird. Also within 30 minutes of Park City. Plus they have a complimentary hot American breakfast and an indoor pool and hot tub.

There are several restaurants within walking distance, in additional there is also the South Towne Mall located within one block fo the hotel. If you need more information please call 801-523-8484 or visit www.bestwestern.com

In addition to our hotel, I would also recommend visiting www.roomkey.com, it's a great way to compare prices of hotels.

Salt Lake City Marriott - Univerity Park - rates starting at $99.00

At the mouth of Parley's Canyon. Within 30 minutes of Park City and Alta

Hampton Inn and Suites Salt Lake City / University - rates starting at $106.00. At the mouth of Parley's Canyon. Within 30 minutes of Park City and Alta. Plus you get a great free hot breakfast.

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Sandy - Rates starting at $89.00

Close to the mouth of Big Cottonwood and LIttle Cottonwood Canyons. Within 20 minutes of Alta, Solitude, Brighton and Snowbird Resorts. A quick 30 minute drive to Park City. Plus they have a great free hot breakfast

Good luck to you!

Edited: 15 February 2012, 23:00
12. Re: CHEAP lodging in PC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 16:26
Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
31 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: CHEAP lodging in PC?

We stayed at BW Landmark and it worked fine.

14. Re: CHEAP lodging in PC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 14:56