We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Crowd Level

1 post
Christmas Crowd Level

My family and i are planning to visit Park City right before Christmas, but we want to get an idea of how crowded the place can be kmowing it is a winter destination after all.

We have young kids so we are trying to avoid long waits and big crowds. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
22,210 posts
42 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Christmas Crowd Level

I assume you are planning on skiing. The week before Christmas won't be huge crowds. It's the week between Christmas and New Year's that's crazy busy. You need to understand that unless Mother Nature decides to dump a lot of snow in December, that you may have limited runs and skiing on man made snow. No way of knowing that now. But we have had snow in upper elevations recently and are suppose to get more over the next few days. The key is whether it will get too warm to keep the snow.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
21,690 posts
451 reviews
196 helpful votes
2. Re: Christmas Crowd Level

Welcome to the forum. Well, Christmas to New Year's week is the busiest week of the year for sure. Yes, very busy. But if you're strategic with your lunch timing, follow lift line wait advisories at Park City, etc. it's do-able. Christmas is a Monday so that weekend of Dec. 23-24 will start to be very busy. If you are there prior to Dec. 23 you will not find crowds at all.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
143 posts
109 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: Christmas Crowd Level

Park City itself is a condensed area so when it is busy it feels more crowded (The main street especially). You could stay in SLC if you're up for a short commute (40 mins to ski resort from downtown) and it will feel more sprawling. The PC resort itself is huge and I have skied over Christmas and found it to be as crowded as any other resort over the holidays(Colorado, BC). The main difference is that the terrain is huge and there were times I felt almost alone lol. They also have an app that is helpful for planning ski routes and line wait times, I believe it was called Epic Pass.

Reply to: Christmas Crowd Level
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted