We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port arthur or Galveston?

twincities
2 posts
Port arthur or Galveston?

We are planing a trip to Tx this spring, Which would be the better place to visit- Port Arthur of Galveston. There are 6 couples in our early fifties, enjoy gollfing and sitting by the pool.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
1 review
1. Re: Port arthur or Galveston?

Galveston

Lake Jackson, TX
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Port arthur or Galveston?

Galveston.. hands down.. no question..... hitowr

Austin TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Port arthur or Galveston?

I know you would enjoy Galveston. I have lived in Texas all of my life and I have never been to Port Arthur but I would be very surprised if it can compare with Galveston for the trip you describe. I would suggest the West End of Galveston. There are many options from rental homes that sleep 14 to homes on the same block to condos and many nice hotels. In my opinion the beaches are better on the West End unless being close to the Strand downtown is important to you. Everything is easy to get to.The island is about 32 mi long with a wide range of alternatives. I may be mistaken but I can only think of 2 golf courses and they are both a few minutes from the end of the seawall. You might want to check because I read they are going to improve the municpal course and I am not sure what the situation is with that.

4. Re: Port arthur or Galveston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 03:49
Get answers to your questions about Port Arthur