We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do for an active young professional..

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do for an active young professional..

So i can already tell this probably isn't going to be a town filled with attractions since nobody has posted in years .. anyhow, I am a 27 year old contract medical professional who will be working (potentially) in the area for 3 months. The water conditions look not great, I'm a scuba diver... how far do i have to go to get to clear water? Also, there are a lot of nature preserves around and i'll have my two large dogs with me , are they good for hikes/jogs? I"ll probably live in beaumont , does anyone have any other suggestions? Any general info about the town? thank you!!

2 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
396 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do for an active young professional..

Scuba diving ain't going to happen out of Beaumont.Well... unless your helping the police find body in a canal.🙄

Even if you go out of Sabine Pass to the Gulf of Mexico.You would have one expensive boat ride to a far away rig or platform.If you go out 30 miles.Your still in 50' of water if your lucky.

You can Google the Liberty Ships off the Texas coast.That still is going to be far away.But you might find its worth the trip to them or The Texas Flower Gardens.I dont know what type of diving your into.

Mentioned in this post
Beaumont
Beaumont
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Texas
Texas
United States
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do for an active young professional..

You might check dive shops in Beaumont and Houston. I seem to remember some of the putting together trips out to rigs. The might be some dive clubs. With the number of alligators I've be very wary of diving is a lot of the area.

Mentioned in this post
Beaumont
Beaumont
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Reply to: Things to do for an active young professional..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Arthur