We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in a car

Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Places to visit in a car

Hi all.

Just enquiring as to where people would suggest to go whilst I've got a hire car.

I'm currently at the conquistador and will be picking up the hire car next Tuesday.

One of the days I will be driving to Loro Parque, but I'm stuck on what to do for the other days.

Myself and my partner don't mind what we do, as long as it's enjoyable.

We're both 26 if that helps :)

Many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
1. Re: Places to visit in a car

So many places to visit Icod de los Vinos also in the northwest is a great place to walk around and check out the very old Dragon tree while you are there.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
118 reviews
2. Re: Places to visit in a car

Have a look at San Juan . Not that far and it's a lovely beach with nice tapas bars and restaurants.

Then you could head up towards Los Gigantes .

You can come back by the top road into the mountains .

Or if you want to go the other road past the Airport you could head towards El Medano , which is the windsurfing capital of Teneife . Quite a hippy place , and lots of bars and restaurants.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Places to visit in a car

Lovely drive up the mountain to get to the cable car base and road is very good. Then take the cable car to the top. Well worth a visit.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
8,204 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: Places to visit in a car

Playa de San Marcos is a lovely small resort , north west of island in De Los Vinos area as Caleta_surfer mentions. We really enjoyed this place, so relaxing.

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
561 posts
64 reviews
5. Re: Places to visit in a car

Playa de Las Teresitas is a must visit. The most beautiful beach on the island.

Burnley
Level Contributor
464 posts
82 reviews
6. Re: Places to visit in a car

You have to drive to Masca. That's a must a do. Also Candalaria is another must

7. Re: Places to visit in a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics