This questions were probably asked before, but I am not so good in finding similar topics, so I appologize beforehand for the repetition.
We will be staying at Vila Cortez for about one week at the begining of September and I would be interested if there is any good beach within walking distance. I am not a very big fan of pools, I rather would swim in the ocean. There is a kind of private one right in front of the hotel, but looks more as a pool than an actual beach.
Some practical questions:
1. Does the water become deep imediately or gradually? For me there is more or less no problem, as I swim quite well, but for my husband is a little bit difficult, especially if the currents are strong. In Madeira it was quite an adventure to get in the sea, as the waves were very strong, but once you were in, due to the depth, the curents were not bad. I am curious how it is in Tenerife.
2. The colors of the beach flags. When is one supposed not to go in the water?
3. Can you rent sunbeds and umbrelas everywhere? And if yes, how much can one be? Is there anything we have to be aware?
4. Is there sand in the water or stones? Does one need to have watershoes? If yes, can they be bought there?
5. Last, but not least, a silly question I know, but are there any jelly fish in the water? I simply hate them.