We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
357 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

Can anyone please advise how easy it is to get a taxi to/from the market in Los Christianos? We are staying at The Best Tenerife. How far /easy is it to walk? I can see the taxi ranks on Google Earth but am wondering just how busy taxis are on market day?

An approx. price would be useful too..

Many thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
391 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

Taxis everywhere, or just get your hotel to call you one, taxi rank outside the market, about 5e max, to be honest its probably about 25min walk, lovely walk along the seafront to the market

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
357 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

Thank you for the reply...I don't think I phrased my question quite right. What I really meant was how busy are the taxis to/from market. I am thinking of the day we went to the market on Gran Canaria, loads of taxis but had to wait in a huge queue for one.

If it is only a twenty five minute walk and it is along the seafront, (nice easy walk) we may consider walking back if there is a big queue.

Thanks again for your help

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
391 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

Usually a stream of taxis so you wouldn't have to wait more than a few minutes

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
357 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

Many thanks again...

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

Unlike Gran Canaria ,the south resorts run into each other connecting via the sea front walk way .Not like say Puerto Rico to Mogan where its taxi ,bus ,or ferry .So many walk to the markets enjoying the views and bars on the way .You can get a bus from PDLA to LC and back but its not going to drop you off on the doorstep of the market but about 15 mins away .

From your hotel " Hotel Best Tenerife" its about 25 /30 mins walk and providing its back in its regular spot after recent resiting its easy to find

Come out of your hotel turn right you will then go past Vulcano Hotel and then Andorra Hotel on the corner of a junction ,turn right here at the next junction you will be facing Mediteranean Palace ( painted bright blue so a good landmark .To yourright is American Plaza and Safari Shopping Centre and to your left Oasis shopping centre so you turn left here go along the frontage of the Oasis shopping Centre till you reach the last shop which is ZARAS Clothes ,cross over then to the right where you see Vista Sur Shopping Centre .Go past the main entrance skirting the left hand side of Vista Sur down the ramp at the bottom of which Playa Las Vistas opens out in front of you .head to the left keeping the sea on your right .You will then come through the Port Tunnel and LCris starts follow the road/pathway still keeping the sea on your right till you come to " Cristianmar Apartments " in front of which is a ramp or stairs down to the continuation of the sea front walkway as you lose sight of the beach /sea about 4 mins after which on your left is the market area .

As mentioned i am not sure if its been moved back there yet or not ,but ask in any of the bars close by where it is at present if its not set up there .It wasnt moved far so you wont be to far away in any case .

Taxis your reception will call you one ,and usually will give you the number of the cab allocated to you this way someone else isnt jumping in your ordered cab .Or there is a rank if you turn left out of your hotel at the next junction where Mango Clothes is on the left head to the right and a rank is just in front of La Siesta Hotel or As mentioned earlier Vista Sur has a rank just over from Zaras

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

Will give you this map link you can either print it off or they do have similar maps which are free either in your rooms or reception .This is a tad old but is still one of the clearest around but it is admittedly a tad old there have been hotels ,shopping centres built and some hotels have had name changes ,which hotel Best is one of them it was on this map link Tenerife Princess in square D8

tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.…

LCris market is in square G9 marked with yellow box

Edited: 25 May 2015, 14:16
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
357 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

Many thanks for the great detailed directions.... I am going to trace route on Google Earth. Looking forward to our re-visit to Tenerife, we last went FORTY years ago before PDLA and Los Christianos were built,

8. Re: Taxi's Playa de Las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics