We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

Hi, any destination experts know what they are doing with the open ground across from the front entrance of this Complex? going in December which is a while away but trip advisor post said there were diggers etc. across from front of hotel, just wondered what was happening.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

Nothing was happening on that site in June ,but in the past when road works are in the area they did park diggers etc there ,maybe the same now .I would PM one of the most recent "Reviewers" and ask or email the hotel and ask if no one comes on to say .....

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

EMail.....

cbclub@coral-hotels.e.telefonica.net

Contact name who was very helpful to me was Cristina Gonzalez .

Hope this helps

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

Thanks, maybe I should stop reading reviews!!!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

No ! always read the reviews .things can so often change .Check with the hotel about this .I would hate to think you got there to major building work .

As said in the past ,staying next door at the Marylanza i have noticed a few times diggers and dump trucks parked up on that land ,last time it was for the roundabout at the Columbus ,after taking away the traffic light system .Plus often you will see the local councils just tidying up waste land ,not like here in the UK!

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

Thanks oneleg, the last reviewer actually took a picture of the digger so it looks as though it is actually the wasteground that they are doing work on - hopefully to make the site look better - still I will enquire at the hotel - no-one else has responded, dont think anyone's interested in that part of the area, concentration seems to be more down the busy part! This is a xmas and new stay which was a good deal cheaper than the bigger hotels plus the added advantage of having an actual apartment with kitchen.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

"Actual Apartment with a kitchen "...looks like someones going to be busy over the Xmas /NYE period !!! Are we all invited ? .....

Really at this moment in time i cant see anything in major developements ,still lots of unfinished work around .Lots of empty facilities etc etc ...but you never can tell .The waste ground both there and further down past the Marylanza has been stood at least 7 years of me staying in the area .Andjust in front of the Law Courts theres now (but wasnt open ) a garden park area ,again this has stood with nothing on it for at least the same amount of time ,BUT really do check ,the hotel staff are really really nice .I am sure they will be helpful ...tell them your on TA ,this gets good results !!!LOL

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

Lol what I meant was weve got an apartment as well as all inclusive and not just one room in a hotel - aye Im a greedy so and so wll make toast and cheese for supper at night! Will e-mail them cos I had asked for a room at the front as they get the most sunshine!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

OK ...everyone round for supper !!!LOL

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

Women and kitchen it is like Morecambe & Wise a perfect fit, we all hope you enjoy your kitchen :]]

Edited: 17 August 2012, 17:55
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,101 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waste ground across from Compostel Beach Golf Club?

Just to add to this thread. I passed the Compostella Golf today and the waste ground opposite is now surrounded by 6' plus metal fencing which continues around a large piece of land as far as the dual carriageway that runs down to Los Cris. I have never noticed this land being fenced off before but that could just be a case of me walking around with my eyes closed!

There was nobody working at 9.30 when I went by or at 1.15 when I came back

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics