We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque De La Paz Strip

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Parque De La Paz Strip

we are two families staying at the Parque Santiago 3&4 in August, and have been told the best area for a couple of drinks and a bit of entertainment in the evening is on the strip near parque de la paz, is this correct and if so how far is it away from the parque santiago.

And can anyone recommend some nice eating places, I have a few in mind like Mama Rosas, Fortuna in Cristianos, but would be great to get some personal recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

North East England...
Level Contributor
673 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

PS3....nice complex with huge pool.....We've all got our fav areas / bars for chilling out....The Paz strip the best? Not my idea of chlling out....constantly pestered by 'looky looky' men and chinese toy sellers.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

If starting from PS3, turn right out of reception and continue along the road. Once you have walked past the the Palacio Congresos (pinky coloured, with fountains) you will see a crossing just before you walk past the Mare Nostrum Resort (Blue Hotel), cross here and walk up the pavement a few yards between the two shopping centres and you will see the strip on your right.

For eating out, Try Bianco in the safari centre as an indulgent treat. my recent favourite is Watermelon in the San Telmo area just behind Playa Las Vistas. I did a review on it which you can access from my profile as well as PS3 where I stayed in April.

portsmouth england
Level Contributor
696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

The strip houses Soul Suite for a great night's entertainment and also a couple of great chinese restaurants

All the other bars have pretty good entertainment but drinks are not chaep along there

We tend to go to smaller bars elsewhere for some cheaper drinks before heading to entertainment spots

Restaurants well the Safari CC opposite PS3 has some nice restaurants upstairs and also a Tony Romas ribs lefdt out of PS3 and then next right

But trust me after a couple of days exploring and walkabouts you will find your own niche, places like The Jersy Cow and Chieftain Bar we always take a look in

One thing you say you are two families, if the children are young then maybe the strip isn't for you as it gets really packed and as our kids are all older now I wouldn't be able to recommend family spots but I'm sure the good people that post here will give you some tips

Edited: 29 May 2012, 14:20
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,957 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

hello stranger no dost lol

your in great accommodation and near some fantastic bars.

the advice given above is excellent x

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

Hey Lenny, no off the agenda for the time being, although I still recommend the dost to people as the guys are brill.

So you going back this year?

We've been going to benidorm quite a lot, as my parents are down there for long periods of time, been down 3 times already, but the mrs wanted a change and decided to go to my 2nd fave place - Tenerife

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
216 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

Dear Yorkslee, my sister-in-law was in Los Cristionas in May and ate twice in La Fortuna. She said it was absolutely divine. She also ate in Watermelon and said it was nice but didn't compare with La Fortuna. However, she said the kebabs in Watermelon looked fab. She also went to Olivers and said they got a lovely meal (2 courses) for €13.00 and had to make a reservation as it was so full. Soul Suite was rocking and they enjoyed the music there. I am also booked into Parque Santiago 3 from Aug 5th with 2 other families so looking forward to a nice holiday and trying out some nice restaurants.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

Been many time to the Fortuna and never had a bad meal, where is exactly the watermelon and Olivers?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
216 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

Watermelon is located in San Telmo between PDLA and Los Cristionas. I think it is overloking La Vista beach. Olivers is located in Los Cristionas and is the No. 1 restuarant on Tripadvisor in Los Cristionas.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,957 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

Baris not there

Rambo got engaged

Bekier not there

all change at the dost, yeah going end of aug

Good for breakfast is el cedro, just near ps2

Edited: 29 May 2012, 22:46
10. Re: Parque De La Paz Strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:10
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics