We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Tenerife

galway
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Tenerife

Any suggestions. Wish list is sun but know you can offer no advice on that. We can only pray. But as weather not guaranteed we would like a heated pol indoor or outdoor or both. Group will consist of 3 years to 50 years. So a bit of hotel entertainment would be nice. Will probably do Loro park if open. And might do Teide also as not done that trip before.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Tenerife

Have a look at The Marylanza Golf/spa resort in PDLA ,fantastic hotel 2 pools both out doors but one is heated ,great food .No noise as its a 15 mins walk into the heart of PDLAs night life .From any photos you see you wont realise the pools are actually on the first floor .Entertainment ,though i have not seen as i like to be out and about on an evening ,is for all age groups they start off with games and a disco for the kids and then a quick turn around for the adults stuff but children are still allowed .

The hotel as said 15 mins to the heart of PDLA ,20 mins round (different direction ) to Los Cristianos .15 mins to the Safari centre and what surrounds it .The nearest beach is 15 mins .But the best beach Playa Las Vistas is 20 mins heading towards the Safari Centre ..................

Rooms are well kept and quite spacious .The hotel in its 3rd year was originally built as a time share so it was built to quite a high spec.

hope this helps

galway
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Tenerife

Sounds like just what we are looking for. Will check it out. Thanks. Just wodering on average what is the weather like. Not expecting hot but would like not to be frozen.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Tenerife

hi,

rob and i went xmas 2008 and 2010, and have booked for this xmas.

the weather was brillient. 2008 it was around 22 altho we went on a boat trip xmas eve and it was really choppy out there, and xmas day it rained for about 20 min, a propper heavy downpour, and then it was red hot again. last xmas no rain at all (20th to 30th dec) and 23 to 24 everyday. when walking from americas to christianos tho you do get a good old breeze going which makes you think it around 17, but it isnt, so quite deceiving for some reason i always think that los christianos is hotter than americas i dont know why.

as for heated pools etc im no expert as i never go near them.

hope you find something though, as it is fab over there.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Tenerife

As said by previous poster normally low 20s but the evenings are cool so maybe you will need a light weight jacket /fleece /Cardi .Feels even cooler if youve been laying in the sun during the day .the heat of the sun usually starts to fall around 4 pm .

GB
Level Contributor
51 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Tenerife

Went last year,stayed at Best Tenerife it was great for children,a proper family hotel.We are going back for christmas this year there was so much for the children to do.

6. Re: Christmas in Tenerife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 22:49
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics