We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salou in Sep-Dec?

Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Salou in Sep-Dec?

How late in the year does it stop being worthwhile heading to salou, is it fairly dead after a certain time in the year?

Was there for the first time in June and loved it, would love to return later in the year.

4 replies to this topic
Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
950 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Salou in Sep-Dec?

If I'm correct the touristy area starts to close down by mid to end October. Early October should be still fine although some hotels might have already closed up after last week of september/first week of October. The old town is always "alive", there are people who live there as well obviously so they don't completely shut down, but the tourist end near carrer de zaragossa and carrer de brusselas and such is somewhere to the end of October as far as I'm aware. Some shops or bars will probably also started closing down after the first week(s) of October .

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Salou in Sep-Dec?

Salou old town, Cambrils, Reus, Vila Seca and Tarragona are all fully open in November and December. Its worth a long weekend but not much more. Car hire would make the trip more enjoyable.

Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
3. Re: Salou in Sep-Dec?

Thanks guys, was thinking of going maybe Mon-Thurs and maybe catching a Barcelona CL game while I'm there.

Return flights only around €90 so cheap as chips.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Salou in Sep-Dec?

You will find more life Thur to Mon or Fri to Tues but I guess these flights will be more expensive?

Reply to: Salou in Sep-Dec?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salou