We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet family beach?

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
quiet family beach?

Hi all

thanks for your invaluable help on here so

far - much appreciated!

we're looking for a quieter beach (if poss in peak season!) suitable for young children to play safely. we have a car so can travel but want somewhere pleasant away from the masses.

any ideas?

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,645 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quiet family beach?

Dont post back if you find one, it`ll get too busy lol.

Not sure you are going to find one to be honest. Some of the smaller ones dont have any facilities but will probably still be busy through August.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quiet family beach?

August so far is the busiest I've seen for years, even the "quiet" beach we drive to gas been inundated this year. It's good news for hoteliers, bars and restaurants though, takings must be up!!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,645 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quiet family beach?

I think next year will be the same if not better. I have only 3 peak summer weeks left for summer 17 and booked solid through to end of June 17 and bookings in for sept 17 already.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quiet family beach?

Yes, MT, I agree with you friend's have not got availability until April 2018 (yes, I said 2018) with a lot of regular visitors and a few new ones too.

As for a quiter beach Glenn, try driving to Rincon, the other side of Malaga, but that has been getting busier. The next two weeks will be manic, there are coach loads of Spaniards arriving besides all the international (and internal) flights.

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: quiet family beach?

Carvajal beach has been very quiet all day today. Maybe the big waves and red flags had something to do with it!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
451 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: quiet family beach?

La Cala de Mijas beach is never packed & perfect for small children with play equipment beside the beach.

Edited: 13 August 2016, 03:07
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: quiet family beach?

It will be now Karen as you've let many TA members know lol.

8. Re: quiet family beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2017, 14:48
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena