We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benalmadena

Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Benalmadena

I'm looking to book a trip to Benalmadena in June, my sister is staying in the Sahara Sunset apartments & I was looking to book into La Fonda Hotel. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how far apart they are? We would liek to be staying reasonably close. Thanks so much.

Lynz

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Scotland
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benalmadena

Hi Lynz. Sahara Sunset is situated alongside the massive Benal Beach complex facing the seafront in Benalmadena. La Fonda Hotel is in Benalmadena Pueblo, way above Sahara Sunset in the hills. Not walkable, unless you are training for the SAS, and perhaps two-and-a-half miles away.

Not sure how you'd define "reasonably close", but the good news if you still want to go ahead with your plans is that there is a local "orange" bus (Line 3 Puerto Marina - Reserva del Higuerón) which will take you from door to door in less than 20 minutes, costing a flat fare 1.10e single.

There is also a Line 2 "orange" bus that goes in and out of Benalmadena Pueblo, which you can pick up a seven-minute walk away from Sahara Sunset.

Hope this helps. Tony.

www.benalmadena-arroyo.com/urbanbus.html

Mentioned in this post
Benal Beach Complex
Benal Beach Complex
731 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Hotel Pueblo - Boutique Hotel
Hotel Pueblo - Boutique...
250 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Benalmadena Puerto Marina
Benalmadena Puerto Marina
7,085 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benalmadena

Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for your help. I'll maybe have a search for another Hotel as walking is not my favourite hobby!

I'll maybe have to get back in touch once I've had a look for more places, but thanks again.

Lynz

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benalmadena

Delighted to help, Lynz. Know that area well, so if I can assist in any way, just ask.

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Benalmadena

The URL for the above has altered due to a change of hosts. The new URL is www.benalmadena-arroyo.com/bus-timetables.php

5. Re: Benalmadena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena