We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

wales
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

Best ones we've eaten have been in La Carihuela and Fuengirola restaurants so need to branch out a bit and try some new eateries. Can anyone suggest a few names for our list of places in Arroyo, preferably not posh ones as we will try as many as we can in our 5 week stay but not all in the one night!!!

Not keen on eating at the Benalmadena paseo end by windmills roundabout always feel intimidated by the guys touting for business.

Pleased to find out that there is a new tapas bar opposite Mercadonna in Calle Palmeiras close to where we stay.

Thanks for any help.

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
607 reviews
1. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

If you are going to be there for 5 weeks (Wow! Lucky lucky!), then may I suggest that one day you venture to the Restaurante La Cala.

It's on the other side of Benalmadena, up the hill. The Fuengirola bus goes past it if you don't fancy the walk.

It is beautifully sited, with a large shady terrace up above the beach. You get great views, and are away from the traffic noise and the touts.

They do a wonderful Fritura Malaguena there, among other things. The only negative is that the helpings are enormous. We usually have one between two of the fritura, which they are very happy to do.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g562812-…

The photos of the fritura that I have posted are the ONE person serving . . . :-)

It really is worth the effort to get there, great food and excellent value.

Edited: 17 February 2015, 23:09
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,088 posts
136 reviews
2. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

Head up to Arroyo

La Pajarete on Calle Andalucia does excellent Fritura Verduras con miel.

All the restaurants on the lower paseo, and the ones at the sealife end of the marina drive me mad, i hate being pestered to try every restaurant in a row. Although i do wonder how much good food we have probably missed out due to my instant refusal to go in lol.

wales
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

Tourista the pics of the food are mouthwatering and as we normally share a fritura we will try out La Cala.

Have walked near it many times and not looked at the menu but it is in a lovely situation.

MT will be wandering around Arroyo looking at menus certainly at La Pajarete. We normally speak to the touts on the paseo in Welsh to put them off but one day one of the older guys answered us back in cymraig,

apparently he had lived in Patagonia for a while.

Thanks to both for the replies.

Scotland
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

My nomination is Los Mellizos. Fish does not come any fresher!

tripadvisor.co.uk/…photos

www.losmellizos.net/index.php…

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
255 reviews
5. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

I don't really know what you mean by fritura. My Spanish (and knowledge of food names) is not the best but it seems you haven't given much away with this description.

I decided you probably meant fish (which I don't eat and therefore can not advice you on) so wasn't going to reply but seeing mantalk's mention of fritura verduras and you not saying that's wrong means I will!

Taberna Tita Yoli on Calle Agua in Arroyo. (Don't try and find it on TripAdvisor, the listings are all over the place.)

They do a dish of deep fried aubergines with a sticky honey sauce that my wife, and anyone we've ever taken there, goes mad for.

I don't like aubergines but the rest of Tita Yoli's menu is wonderful. It's hands down our favourite tapas in the area.

We love tapas but prefer to eat it in a restaurant rather than a bar and Tita Yoli is definitely a restaurant.

So a big endorsement from us.

My wife's tip for the aubergines is to ask for them to come without the sauce and to get a bottle of it on the side. She says the amount they put on is a bit sickly for her tastes but it's delicious when she can control the amount.

Edited: 18 February 2015, 16:48
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,088 posts
136 reviews
6. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

Its the same cane honey (molasses) with the Fritura Verduras LDN. I too like the Berenjenas, although thin disc like slices whereas some serve them as chunky chip shaped. Verduras is just mixed veg, just as nice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
255 reviews
7. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

Tita Yoli does them as thin discs. In a light-looking batter. They look good, I just don't like aubergine. :(

wales
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

LDN I have a dislike of fish but the Fritura (fried fish) is in a light tempura batter and for me is a delicious way of eating all kinds of fishy bits I would never try in the UK so hope you try a Fritura when you are next in Spain!!

Have made a note of your recommendation and hopefully will eat a meal there.

I too love fried aubergines with honey and prefer the honey to be served separately.

Thanks Tony for your suggestion of Los Mellizoz have looked at their website very attractive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
255 reviews
9. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

You're welcome to my suggestion but I'm going to ignore yours... no me gusta pescado!

;)

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Fritura in Benalmadena/Arroyo

cymru, often the fish is just tossed in flour and fried. It still seems to have a crispy coating though :)

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena