We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cablecar

Chester-le-Street...
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Cablecar

Hi all

Can anyone please confirm that it is allowed to get the cable car one way to the top of the mountain and you can walk back?

Has anyone done this?Is there a clearly defined route back to the bottom?

How long does the walk back take?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
1. Re: Cablecar

Hi there

Yes

Yes

and.....

about an hour... it's not a "stroll" - far from it - it's quite a challenging trek more like, but fun :)

CB

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,089 posts
136 reviews
2. Re: Cablecar

Certainly one way is available, its 8€ I think, 13€ return. The path looks clear, people often take mountain bikes up and ride back down. Norwegian guests of ours walked it both ways when they booked an over winter stay with us. They missed the mountains. LOL. They did both directions in a little over 4 hours with mooching time at the top.

They had an 11 and 7 years old, and the father carried the toddler in a backpack type harness thing.

There is a board showing the routes at the stations at either end. I don't know if the route itself has signage, once you leave the top.

Chester-le-Street...
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Cablecar

Thanks for the replies guys!!!!!!

Really helpfull....Look forward to it.

Cheers

Gary

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,220 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Cablecar

Yes there is signage on the routes as there are quite a lot of different routes, not just one down.

Chester-le-Street...
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Cablecar

Thanks for reply.

Really appreciated!!!

The longer the better for me.

Cannot wait to try it out,scenery and views etc.

Gary

Scotland
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Cablecar

On their way down, has any walker stumbled across the cave, circa 10,000 BC, with a painting of a bull and horse on a rock?

Never seem to hear much about it, although I know it is a feature of mount Calamorro. Maybe Gary could check it out for us!

Chester-le-Street...
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Cablecar

I will ceartinly keep an eye out but don't expect me to be going into caves , lol!!

my name is Gary not Indiana Jones

Gary

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
255 reviews
8. Re: Cablecar

Could I jump into this thread to ask, to confirm, that there is a map at the lower cable car station that clearly shows how to find the walking route up? I have, independently, tried to find the way up on many occasions and failed each and every time. A map would help!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,089 posts
136 reviews
9. Re: Cablecar

LDN, There is a start point from the ain road up to the Pueblo. Walk uphill with Tivoli on your right and continue up for 1km or so, after Benalmadena Golf there is a patterned concrete path goes off to the right and passes under the Autovia, which is way above you .

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
255 reviews
10. Re: Cablecar

That may be easier to navigate on the ground than it is looking at it on Google Maps but I would really appreciate a little narrower instructions, if possible, because I'm already getting a sense of deja vu of my previous failed attempts.

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations