We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblo Evita - advice please!

shropshire
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Pueblo Evita - advice please!

I am just about to book this, could do with some reassurance!

It is one of the standard rooms, not an elite, so no air con. Don't know how much of a problem this will be in July, or whether we can upgrade.

I would be looking at a cheap transfer, so possibly the train then taxi if that's possible?

Is it an easy walk to the nightlife or is it a taxi journey? We are in our 40's and relatively fit, not always at the end of a night out though!

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
1. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

Hi there

Let's hope you're not high up as the steps are an absolute nightmare, narrow and steep so with luggage in July ... eeeek!! Also, night time temperatures can hover around 25 degrees, and without Air Con i know i wouldn't be able to sleep - not much room for air there either, unless you're near the Clubhouse then you might be ok.

Not sure if the clubhouse still has live music, i think the license was revoked, you'll have to see when you're there. If not, the little irish bar is ok for some fun and a drink on site...

As far as nightlife is concerned, yes you would be looking at taxi or at least the bus along the strip and taxi back - but it depends what you intend doing.

Plenty of restaurants and bars around Palm Tree Avenue and you are more or less opposite the Mercadona which is excellent.

CB

shropshire
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

Thanks for such a quick reply. The only thing putting me off is the air con, will be travelling light with just hand luggage. Is it the marina side of belanmadena, and how long would it take to 'holiday stroll' to carihuela?

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
3. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

Heya

Here is the Google Map for it :)

http://tinyurl.com/kkq7w6h you'll see it top left of screen ish... follow the Av La Palmeras down to Ctra Cadiz and then scroll up towards Benalmadena and you'll work out how far you are away... a good half hours walk to the Marina i would say....

I would definitely try get an upgrade as it really can be oppressive at nights without Air Con.

CB

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

Oh come on CB, you might have needed a taxi when you were smoking 40 fags a day!

clareski, I can't tell you anything about aircon there, even though I live opposite! It's easy to get the train and then taxi (approx 6€), but make sure they drop you at the reception as some drivers take you to the bottom of the road and I see people struggling up the steep hill with cases. You can also walk from the station, it's downhill all the way but it will take you about 15 - 20 mins and in the heat of July, probably isn't worth it.

As CB says, there are bars/restaurants along Palm Tree Ave, or you can walk up to the top of the park, which takes you to Bonanza area or down Palm Tree Ave, turn left and walk towards the Marina. It's a 20 min stroll from the bottom of PTA.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
5. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

Yes I know that hill far too well and that WAS when i was on 40 fags a day lol....

TBH if you're out for the night, down the marina, 24 hour square etc and had a few and it's hot, last thing you want to do is walk back to P Evita.... no way ;-)

CB

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

<< TBH if you're out for the night, down the marina, 24 hour square etc and had a few and it's hot, last thing you want to do is walk back to P Evita.... no way ;-) >>

True

shropshire
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

Thanks both. I have checked their website and it is possible to upgrade to an elite apartment, costing approx £200 extra for the week. Might consider buying a fan instead!

What is the nightlife like around Belanmadena? I stayed in la Carihuela last February, and walked as far as the marina, but I am sure it will be very different in July. I enjoy traditional restaurants and live music, and try to avoid British bars and food as much as possible.

Would pueblo evita and belanmadena suit me?

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

For traditional restaurants, in the main they are up in the town - Arroyo de la Miel. Benalmadena is more british than Carihuela but Pueblo Evita is in the more mixed area, Spanish, British, Scandanavian. Most of my neighbours are spanish but if Ian answers this post, he'll tell you everyone is British around here LOL! Arroyo is a spanish working town and has a lovely atmosphere day and night. The evenings there are heaving with Spanish. Saying that, if you really don't want many British people or restaurants, you may be better off in Carihuela again (with lots of other British who prefer Spanish) ;-) Seriously though, Benalmadena has a lot to offer, so I would say try it and make sure you go to Paloma Park, up into Arroyo and a trip on the Cable cars.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
9. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

Al you're funny ;-) Fortunately, as far as the Brits are concerned La Cari is still a well kept secret, much as Arroyo is.... but i agree with your overview of the surrounding area :) *hands Al a gold star*

CB

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,840 posts
134 reviews
10. Re: Pueblo Evita - advice please!

Head out of the top end of P Evita towards Paloma Park and the Dolphinarium, head left, yes uphill, bit gentle. and you are in Arroyo. Mainly Spanish bars and boutique type shops. Plza Espana is easilly accessed from here too. Stroll through the park across to Av Gamonal and a short hop tp Bonanza Sq, yes brit bars, but dont dismiss the area has there are some nice little bars and good food places without the marina pricing.

Cherrys is a nice little bar on Palm Tree Ave, alsp try Harrys Restro if you like Indian food, not a flashy place, but excellent food.

Air con issue solved here www.holidayhires.net/Air-Conditioning.html

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations