We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol

reading uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol

hi all we have a couple of trips planned for the area over the next few months and without sounding like bad parents we are wondering what the legal age for drinking alcohol is for Benalmadena area.

We do allow our 16 year old a glass of wine with a meal on occasions.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol

Hi there

it is 18 in Spain, however experience tells me that the law is not applies unless there is abuse or anti social behaviour in relation to the parties involved.

I.e. If your 16 year old is out having a meal with you then nobody is going to bat an eye in Spain if they want a glass of wine - unless maybe if they look 10 years old ;-)

Hope that helps....go and enjoy :)

CB

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol

The legal age is 18

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol

If it's relaxed and family orientated then it should be fine (ok legally maybe not). It's also the way it should be! A 16 year old having an alcoholic drink at dinner with his/her parents is better than a 16 year old getting wasted on cheap 20/20 down the park!!!

I remember one year in Ibiza me and the wife were drinking a litre of Sangria between us and we were giving our daughter, who at the time was about 7, some of the pieces of fruit out of the bottom! The waiter came over to us, laughing, and said , 'you do realise that fruit will be soaked in alcohol'. lol

Mentioned in this post
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,232 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol

<<16 year old getting wasted on cheap 20/20 down the park!!!>>

Those were the days Chivas LOL.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol

They certainly were! 😃

reading uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol

Thanks all that helps a lot, we are on the Costa in July and again in October and cant wait for sun relaxation and a couple of drinks.

7. Re: Alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena