We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benalmadena nightlife

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Benalmadena nightlife

Group of guys 30 - 40 year olds thinking of benalmadena for a break may 3rd to 6th all inclusive at hotel bali,wondering what the nightlife will be like mixed reviews on here can anyone help? Best bars/clubs that time of year, thanks

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
1. Re: Benalmadena nightlife

Hi there

That is about the time the season kicks off with all the Hens clucking about :)

Two main areas for bars/clubs - 24 hour square and Puerto Marina.

Both offer good venues with the Marina being a bit more expensive due to it's location etc, but is only a ten minute walk down hill from the 24 hour square.

Also, some good "adult" venues should the stag wish....

Will click your other posts as duplicate so as not to confuse things with numerous threads running concurrently :)

CB

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
2. Re: Benalmadena nightlife

Ha ha thanks for the reply, we're not a stag party so won't be venturing into any of them sorts of places! Just a bunch of farmers heading for some ale n laughs!!

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Benalmadena nightlife

Hi, I posted this on one of the duplicates....

I go with a group of guys every April / May.

Ages vary from late 20s to mid (now late) 50s.

The later the better, but as long as you avoid easter.... it's deeeed.

We've stayed in the Bali, but found it a little to far out.

We now stay local to the Marina.

There are a lot of other areas, but we prefer the Marina area.

We also pop up to the 24 hour Square.

We have also visited most of the other areas locally, but always revert back to the favorites.

In my opinion, the best pubs down by the marina are Kaleido & Mombasa.

Both are open all day.

There are many others, but some of these come and go.

On an evening, just have a wander round.

In the 24 hour square, we normally start in Times Square (owned by the same guy who owns Mombasa) and then go to Molly's almost next door.

The others come and go.

Again, wander round and get the best deals.

When we stayed in the Bali, we varied between the Marina and local to the Bali during the day but always started off in the 24 Houre Square in the evening because it was on the way to the Marina.

Some lovely places to eat around the Marina.

Give me a shout / PM if you need any more info.

PJ

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
4. Re: Benalmadena nightlife

Hey,

Sorry for the mistake, i am answering non stop stag queries at the moment, and saw "group of guys" and presumed - stupid me :)

You'll be totally fine if you're just looking for some places to chill etc...

With experience, Molly Malones will probably suit out of most of the venues in the 24 hour square as it's more suited to your age range, Times Square can be full of teenagers, some underage due to the music policy in there.

Some good info by PJat..., just a correction in that Mombasa is not owned by the same guy who has Times Square :)

Not that it really matters is the scheme of things but it's better to know the facts i think :)

CB

Edited: 08 January 2013, 19:38
Aberdeen
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Benalmadena nightlife

Did they used to be owned by the same guy?

I'm sure that Jose in Mombasa told us that he also owned Time Square.

The Time Square logo is also on the Mombasa website.

Maybe It was just BS, but it's not really important.

Is Antonio Banderas (still) the owner of Kaleido?

Or was he ever?

PJ

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
6. Re: Benalmadena nightlife

Haha yes and yes to the last bit :)

Regarding the other, it's a very complicated set up which involves Mombasa, Times Square, Molly Malones, Murphy's Bar (Pueblo Evita) and also Fiddlers (formerly Dutch Inn/Silver) - far too complicated to explain on here lol... but yes, don't always believe what you hear over there... some people's ego's outway the truth most of the time !! :)

CB

Malaga, Spain
6 posts
1 review
7. Re: Benalmadena nightlife

if you fancy a laugh try cjs karaoke bar or if you fancy a dance try molly mallones at 24 hour square , or just a nice meal try orange tree or casa camilions at bonanza square

8. Re: Benalmadena nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena