We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on where to stay please

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Advice on where to stay please

Hi All,

Can someone please offer some advice on area / accommodation to stay in Benalmadena. Myself and my Husband are heading end of July (air con a must) and hoping to laze by pool by day and do a bit of partying / have few drinks / nice meals by night.

Thanks a mil

Lisa

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Liverpool
Level Contributor
312 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on where to stay please

Are you looking for self catering/room only or half/full board ?

Some of the hotels we have stayed at have been great for location but the food has not been brilliant. Because we were room only it was not a problem ,but we would have felt differently if we had been eating there.

The Palmasol is really handily placed, just behind the marina, our room had great aircon and the hotel has a nice pool area. We were B+B thankfully ,as the food was not the best. For location though it's hard to beat.

Another good hotel is The Benalmadena Palace. The amenities here are very good, as is the food. We've stayed here on a number of occasions and it's probably our favourite. Only negative is that it's at the far end of the resort near Sunset Beach and is a good 20 minute walk to the Marina.

We've stayed at the Bali as well, but in July there will be a lot of families with young kids so it won't be easy to chill by the pool ! lol !

Hope this helps.

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Palmasol
Hotel Palmasol
1,851 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Benalmadena Palace Spa
Benalmadena Palace Spa
2,487 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on where to stay please

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for your reply it was really helpful. We are actually swaying more towards self catering apartments but will have a look at the hotels you suggested and maybe decide to stay in a hotel instead etc... Do you think it would be best to be nearer the marina than bonanza square area then?

Thanks, Lisa

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,252 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on where to stay please

Consider Minerva/Jupiter apartments on Av Gamonal, close to Bonanza area and 15 mins walk to the marina.

Benalmadena is far more than just the marina. The marina is better as somewhere to walk to rather than to stay, in my opinion.

if you do want to be close Apartments Pepita Alay or Doramar are very close.

try www.holidaylettings,co.uk for private rentals. I fear the best may have gone for July tho.

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on where to stay please

Also, if you are close to the Bonanza area, it will be easy for you to walk up to Arroyo in the evenings for a lovely meal or tapas and great atmosphere late at night ... it should be buzzing by then!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
312 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on where to stay please

The Jupiter/Minerva apartments are a really good choice if you are looking for self catering apartments. We stayed there last july and had a great time. The pool is really good, the best I have seen in Benalmadena and really warm. It's in a good location and we would definitely stay here again. If you go through one of the private lettings as mentioned it will probably save money,rather than booking it through a travel agent such as Alpharooms. The other advantage is you can see pics of the actual apartment you are renting - less likely to have any nasty surprises. We found ours on Daltons website.

Cheers

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,252 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on where to stay please

We have stayed in this one, march 2010. very nice. http://www.minervaholiday.co.uk

Edited: 31 May 2012, 18:47
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on where to stay please

Thank you very much for all your advice really appreciate it. I will have a look into all your suggestions :-)!!

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on where to stay please

Me again :-), I can't seem to get apartment in Minerva Jupiter now but have been offered apartment (at reasonable price) in Benal Beach complex... any advice??

Thanks a mil!

Mentioned in this post
Benal Beach Complex
Benal Beach Complex
731 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on where to stay please

You could try some of the rental sites eg. Owners Direct, Holiday Lettings, Holiday Rentals, Spain Holiday etc. I'm sure someone will have availability, even in July.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,252 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on where to stay please

Benal Beach is a big ugly complex (IMO) but some of the apartments get good reviews. They are mostly privately owned, so some will be better than others.

BB is around an extra 5 mins walk to Bonanza area mentioned previously.

Very good pool at BB and close to Paloma Park.

Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations