We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking day trips

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booking day trips

Hi Guys

We arrive on friday and are staying at Las Arenas, I have read on TA that it is cheaper to book day trips through local agents than Thomson and would be grateful for any advice people can give me as to where is the nearest agent is.

Our plan would be to get an idea of prices and dates on friday and then go back the next day and book what we want. We really don't want to be ripped off by Thomson

Also I would be grateful if anyone knows how helpful the tourist information centre is as we intend to try and get about to places using local buses as well as organised trips

thanks in advance for any responses.

Mentioned in this post
Las Arenas Hotel
Las Arenas Hotel
2,273 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
13,125 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking day trips

Your hotel will probably have leaflets from most of the people that do day trips and or hold a welcome meeting where a lot of them come a long to sell their trips. If the Thomson rep does the welcome meeting I'd just take the information and say you'll think about it and book elsewhere.

Costafrica does tours to various places along the coast.

www.costafrica.com/web/en/costa-del-sol.html

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking day trips

There are a couple of free weekly newspapers which will also have all the details in them.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,252 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking day trips

Walk to your right as you come out of Las Arenas just after McDonalds there is a small travel agency/changeoffice/carhire shop they organise daaytrips from there. Or turn left and cross the road past the windmill roundabout there is a travel agent just after O Driscoll irish bar.

Mentioned in this post
Las Arenas Hotel
Las Arenas Hotel
2,273 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Aberdeen
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking day trips

Thanks for the advice everyone, we will certainly give those agents a look. We have never been to spain before and are really looking forward to getting there on friday having had the holiday booked for about a year and saved like mad since.

Hopefully we can save a bit on the cost of the trips which gives us more to spend and enjoy ourselves in Benalmadena.

Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Sussex
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking day trips

To give you an idea of price difference, Thomson want €48 tothe Gibraltar tour, where the local agents all ask €33. However, tickets for things like the water parks, croc park etc seem to be cheaper to get from the Thomson agent, rather than 'on the gate' if you are planning on doing these things under your own steam, which you can easily on the bus.

Mentioned in this post
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking day trips

Hi there

If you jump on any of the buses on the opposite side of the road from you and get off after 3 stops i think *opposite the Mcdonalds at 24 hour square/Puerto Marina* then the Tourist Information Office is there OR you can of course go for a wander along the main road *your side* and you'll get there in about ten mins.

There you will find leaflets on just about anything. They also speak English and you can also pick up a Bus Card from the kiosk outside (not Friday or Saturday) which, if you intend getting many buses and going for day trips on your own to say, Mijas etc will save you alot of money on bus fares :)

CB

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena Puerto Marina
Benalmadena Puerto Marina
7,090 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Mijas
Mijas
Costa del Sol, Spain
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,252 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking day trips

Most of the travel agents will have discounted theme park entry too. Or you can book online for discounts too. Although I would prefer to book in resort as you may not want to do some of the things if you prebook/prepay. www.rubenexchange.com have discounted tickets.

scotland
Level Contributor
19,261 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking day trips

As all above I'd try any Travel agency ,as they will have "deals" , and less than Thomson I'd imagine .When you say day trips , any idea on what and where ?

Malaga , Mijas, are easy by local transport, train , bus ,which are excellent and cheap.Grenada ,Alhambra , Nerja , are other options .

Gib is also another if you fancy that .

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Mijas
Mijas
Costa del Sol, Spain
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
9. Re: Booking day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 00:53
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations