We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New extension at airport

wigan
5 posts
New extension at airport

Hi all new to forum. Anyone tell me how the new hub is at airport. Wasnt open last time i went 2 yr back, ARE they using it for arrivals or departures or both? Going back in 3 weeks and cant wait staying at the Belagio.

Edited: 15 June 2011, 18:57
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,011 posts
135 reviews
1. Re: New extension at airport

Hi wiganguy, welcome to the forum.

The new airport terminal is up & running and seems to be working fine. There are loads of new shops and eateries opened in departures to kill the wait.

Whichever terminal you arrive into you will exit via T3, to ranks of waiting taxis, buses and close to the new underground train station.

Everything is quite slick for arrivals.

Departures are a little more haphazard, as you seem to walk forever. More so if checking in in T1 or T2 as you checkin at 1 end of the airport but pass thru security at the other end, so, have to walk the full length of the terminal building in some cases.

If you fly out from T1 or T2 you will also walk the whole way back from security to boarding gates B & C.

Friends of ours stayed in Bellagio in April, they found it excellent.

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
349 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: New extension at airport

Hola The long walk Mantalk mentions is (unsurprisingly!) if you are flying with a budget airline e.g. Ryanair, Jet2 etc as their check-in desks are still located in the 'old' part. So if you are, like me, not too fleet of foot allow time for this. Enjoy your holiday

wigan
5 posts
3. Re: New extension at airport

Thanks for the speedy replies, so theyve moved the train station have they? we allways use the train when we arrive, think its excellent. Has for Belagio yea we stayed there a few times and the apts are amazing.

Central scoland
Level Contributor
996 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: New extension at airport

Hi Mantalk do you know what terminal Ryan Air is in for Departures.

Thanks

Geraldine

grimsby lincs
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
78 reviews
5. Re: New extension at airport

its terminal 2 for booking in and they tend to use desks221 to 226 but there are numerous flights leaving at a similar time and a tendency for only one desk per flight so it looks confusing as to which desk you will be yours.Heres a tip that has worked for me twice.

when you arrive look for the earliest flight that is on the booking in desks the looking at the departure board count how many flights there are betwen the earliest and yours( iwrote them on a bit of paper) and you can count them off as they are due to close and you can be standing in the right row.

this only applies if you are like my wife who wants to be at the airport 3hrs. ahead of the flight,the desk you want opes 2 hrs before flight.As we woz early each time it helped pass the time doing the maths.

Central scoland
Level Contributor
996 posts
68 reviews
6. Re: New extension at airport

Thanks Tuts 1230 I have noted down the information.

Geraldine

7. Re: New extension at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 05:48
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena