We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to drive to????

wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
places to drive to????

hi we are going to benalmadena on the 31 aug, we have been there a few times and this time we are going to hire a car, i was wondering if there is any really interseting places about an hours drive from benalmadena. we are going to gibraltar and morrocco and weve been to marbella and pureto banus.

thanks in advance emma

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,905 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to drive to????

Within 1 hour, Ronda, Nerja,mijas and Antequera, within 1and half hours Granada, Gib and Cordoba.

Mentioned in this post
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Antequera
Antequera
Costa del Sol, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to drive to????

thanks for your reply we are going to go to mijas. can you recommend the best place to visit out of the other suggestions , we like cities with lots to walk to you and things to see thanks

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,261 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to drive to????

Ronda is a definite. What about to Nerja too, visit the caves and the Donkey Sanctuary.

Mentioned in this post
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: places to drive to????

Agree with the suggestions mentioned, however public transport would definately be my preferred option as traffic can get very heavy and parking can be a nightmare in August (height of the season) so worth a thought.

Also, there are many many well organised daily excursions we could recommend taking the hassle out of everything for you where you can actually get to see all the good bits in one go ;-)

Whatever you decide, i'm sure you'll have a great time. It really depends what you are looking for out of your day trips, i know from experience the majority of trippers that choose Gib and Tangiers return disappointed. (waits for flame attack now :p)

CB

wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to drive to????

thanks for replies , i kinda agree with you about gibralta and tangiers but my partner wants to go, so ill let him decide!! he is also adamant on driving so on his head be it

thanks again emma

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,905 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to drive to????

Would suggest the Alhambra at granada is a total must to visit in my view, whilst accepting what CB states about parking, i think the ability to jump in the car and go is worth the price. In addition having seen the way organised trips whisk you round is not for me. You need at least 5 hours at the Alhambra, not sure how long organised trips give you.

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,698 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
7. Re: places to drive to????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 12:51