We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electical cvonnections

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Electical cvonnections

We will be in Spain for almost three weeks in May, wondering what we need for electrical connections. Maybe most we will bring is charger for camcorder.

We have been to Europe only twice, but think we remember not needing both adapter and converter. We have lost our set and wondering if we need new one.

We bought a coffee pot in Germany last time. And maybe we wil do that when we arrive in Barcelona, Saved space in airplane luggage

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,046 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electical cvonnections

Look at the label on the charger. If it reads "110-240 Volts" (or "100-220 Volts", the exact numbers don't matter), then all you need is a plug adapter to let you use a US plug in a European socket. If it reads "110 volts", then you also need a converter.

These days, most low-power devices such as chargers will work off just about any voltage.

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electical cvonnections

a normal adaptor should be okay (in my opinion)

the only thing i have had trouble with was a laptop - i had to get a new cable for it

as plugging it in with an adaptor in the UK didn't work

(i bought it in spain due to wanting a spanish keyboard)

3. Re: Electical cvonnections

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations