We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair weight allowance

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
221 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair weight allowance

Hi,having to re-book flights to malaga with ryanair due to globespans demise,ryanair only give 15kg of baggage allowance anyone know if that includes hand luggage?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5,392 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

No, hand luggage is an additional 10 kg , BUT they are very strict at both ends. You hand luggage must not be bigger than the sizes they quote, and a lot of the check-ins make you put it in a frame to check. Also be aware when they say one cabin bag, they mean one. This includes handbags, laptops, duty free... all have to go in the one bag.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

thanks paul,that makes me feel a lot better,i dont want to travel without my extensive collection of speedos! lol

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,453 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

It is important when travelling on an LCC airline to read their conditions of travel, and their extra fees.

www.ryanair.com

Airline passenger comments www.airlinequality.com

Benamocarra
Level Contributor
364 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

Also note that 15KG is per bag. You cannot have 2 passengers with 2 bags - one 10kgs and one 20kgs making a total of 30kgs which would seem to be not over weight but they weigh each bag and neither one can be over 15kgs. When we travelled with them we watch many people having to move clothes from one case to antoher at the airport. be warned.

One other thing - it is one piece of hand luggage - no hand bags, no laptop cases and no duty free bags. If you buy duty free then this must go in your hand luggage.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

Didn't know that D.F also had to fit in hand luggage... Bmi have not asked that of me when i buy toiletries at boots... i take that bag although only a small on board with my 10kg handluggage, also see folks take on bottles water & coke plus cake and snack..!! wonder if all airlines will be doing this soon,? x

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5,392 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

So far I think its just Ryanair and easyjet. But they will all be doing it soon, I expect

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

BA out of Heathrow have been doing it for several years and flights to the States now will require it, I understand. We do it anyway and it really is easy to just carry one thing on and off the plane.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,453 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

Lynn, They may think we are trolley dollies!! :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

Oooh I so wish I could travel like that, just the one small roll on. It wouldn't even hold the electronics and camera and vitamins, let alone any clothes.

I have been looking for new carry on luggage that will fit the frames and have wheels but is still soft sided so it can fit lots and sit on top of my usual suitcase. They are ALL too wide across the base by at least 2cm, sometimes by lots more. Guess I am stuck with my usual sports bag style minus the wheels.

10. Re: Ryanair weight allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 18:05
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena