We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hillwalkiing in benalmadena and mijas area

nireland
3 posts
Save Topic
hillwalkiing in benalmadena and mijas area

any suggested hikes in this general area

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,270 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hillwalkiing in benalmadena and mijas area

Try Benalmadena.com click on Turismo then down left hand side Rutas, Yes I know its in Spanish! But Google Translate will give you a rough translation, but there are leaflets available at the Casa Cultura building in Arroyo, The Town Hall in the Pueblo and it may pay to check with the Tourist info offices too.

Google Translate came up with this.

For the 1 labelled Sendero de la mina de la trinidad. I know its a little difficult to make sense of the bits Google didnt seem to like, but there may be better translations elsewhere. The Ochre mines do sound quite interesting.

Once passed the heats of the summer, it is a good moment to begin to know our mountains. In this ocasion, we recommended the footpath to him of the Mine of the Trinidad. After a kilometer approximately, leaving BenalmÃdena in direction of Mijas, is a way in the right margin. After little meters we will cross the autovia below a bridge. Immediately we will turn aside ourselves to the left by a track used to the travels of the años by people who in tros times set off the ocher mine to which us llevarÃthis track. Once aquÃ, for that one person with capacity and knowledge of the danger that entraña to introduce itself in these mines, podrÃn to visit some galerÃas in which, in their interior, ³ exists some natural rooms with formation geolà gicas. Continuing our route and from this point, the way becomes footpath during 500 meters to lÃmite territorial with Mijas. We will follow lÃmite local ascendant by all the cord until the Hill Scaffoldings, and from aquà we will enter in the término of Mijas by a wagon road to the Hill of the Moor or Hill Scaffoldings, from where we can contemplate wonderful views of great part of the Mà provincelaga and, in dÃas clear, of the coasts of à  frica and Gibraltar.Reseñar that, parallel to this footpath, passed the mine of the Trinidad and once we began the ascent by the cord, exists another route that passes Ãntegramente by the término of Mijas and that takes también until the summit of the Hill of the Moor and Scaffoldings to us, this is a footpath mÃs cà ³ ample fashion and but of major recorrido.DATOS PRACTITIONERS: This route is of about 5 kilà ³ meters, and the time to use of two hour and a half.

You can also hike up or down the Mount Calamorro (cable car mountain) both ways would be a killer but get a 1 way ticket and try it. It cant be too arduous as i have seen people take their mountain bikes up the cable car and then ride down the mountain paths so the way must be relatively easy.

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Hotel Pueblo - Boutique Hotel
Hotel Pueblo - Boutique...
251 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Mijas
Mijas
Costa del Sol, Spain
A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hillwalkiing in benalmadena and mijas area

You might like to read this before venturing off the beaten track:-

www.practicalspain.com/spanish-reptiles.htm

Tread carefully !

AM.

3. Re: hillwalkiing in benalmadena and mijas area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 11:49