We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Dinner

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Dinner

Hi folks, all help appreciated. We'll be staying at TorreQ Hotel over the festive season on a B&B basis.

Will there be any local restaurants (within 2 mile radius) open for a good old Christmas Dinner, or do they all have a day off?

Any suggestions Tony?

Same for New Years Day?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Dinner

You'll find most restaurants and bars open on both Christmas Day and New Year's Day, including plenty doing British Christmas Lunch.

Where you need to plan carefully is for the evenings on both Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. This is very much family time in Spain and so most restaurants are closed after lunchtime. Have a long lunch on both days and plan only to snack in the evenings.

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Dinner

Most of the english restaurants will be booked well before Christmas day for lunch. If you can't book somewhere before you go I suggest you see if you can book in your hotel.

Scotland
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Dinner

Missed your post yesterday, Brian. Was sunning myself at Playa Alonso in Montemar. It's been sunshine all the way here since I arrived on the 30th. The Devil does indeed look after his own!

Will put my thinking cap on regarding a festive eatery. If you were staying closer to Fuengirola I'd jump in with Casa Roberto or Don Pe, but they are beyond your two-mile limit.

Leave it with me.

Tony.

larne,ni
Level Contributor
249 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Dinner

hi brian , i dont think you are to far from a bar called the ha'penny bridge,it is just at the bottom of the road of the los patos hotel and apts. we were there last dec and this bar was advertising from christmas day dinners and menu looked good.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Dinner

Thanks for rubbing it in Tony. I swear I just saw Moses packing the Ark here in Glasgow. Last 24 hours have been extremely wet and mild (18C today).

Thanks for all suggestions, I think a cab to Fuengirola should find us somewhere tho' the hotel might be a safe option. Cheers

6. Re: Christmas Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 21:51