We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benalmadena

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
86 reviews
Benalmadena

I am looking for a place to go for 4-6 weeks in Jan /Feb is Benalmadena a good choice ? Looking to rent a small apartment

11 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,207 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Benalmadena

Yes , but have you done your homework. Is the area what your looking for. Weather can be good at that time high teens low 20s in the day cool at night., but rain likely. Had a week of rain end of Feb this year. Plenty of history within a few hours travel. Should be plenty of places to rent.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
86 reviews
2. Re: Benalmadena

Thank you. I am doing my homework and this is one part of it.

manchester
Level Contributor
275 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Benalmadena

Probably better if you outline what you would be expecting from a trip to Benal and those who have experience of the area can advise if/how your expectations can be met.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
86 reviews
4. Re: Benalmadena

I am looking for a place where I can walk around, nice environment and access to public transportation to travel around .

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Benalmadena

Benalmadena is a great place with lots going on. It's a big resort spread out over the marina/costa area, then going up the hill to Arroyo de la miel, then going higher up the hill to the picturesque Benalmadena Pueblo.

It is a hilly resort but transport is excellent and very cheap to get you to where ever you need to. Benalmadena is a great place to stay if you also plan on travelling further a field. Malaga, Gibraltar,Mijas, Marbella are just a small selection of places easy to get to from Benalmadena. You'll have a great time and probably find 6 weeks isn't enough. I've been 9 times in 6 years and still haven't crossed everything off the list yet.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,104 posts
135 reviews
6. Re: Benalmadena

http://www.benalmadena-arroyo.com/

England
Level Contributor
7,837 posts
85 reviews
7. Re: Benalmadena

Next door to Benalmadena, Malaga Direction, via the Passeo is the very pleasant La Carihuela and further along ,Torremolinos which was the birth place of mass tourism on the CDS

scotland
Level Contributor
20,757 posts
366 reviews
8. Re: Benalmadena

Fuengirola / Los Boliches has a number of " snow birds" at that time of the year and may be worth a look at also

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
86 reviews
9. Re: Benalmadena

thank you I will look onto it

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
86 reviews
10. Re: Benalmadena

thank you !