We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Riviera

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Riviera

Hello we have just transferred to this hotel from the H10 Palmasol. We are going on Sunday 29th July 2007. I was wondering if anyone had been recently, got a few questions to ask......

What is the food like?

We are three adults sharing a room - is their tripple rooms or will we be crammed into a double?

What is the location like- are people over reacting about the road at the back of the hotel?

Many Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Palmasol
Hotel Palmasol
1,905 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Hotel Pueblo - Boutique Hotel
Hotel Pueblo - Boutique Hotel
#2 of 45 hotels in Benalmadena
Hotel La Fonda
Hotel La Fonda
#5 of 45 hotels in Benalmadena
Hotel Los Patos Park
Hotel Los Patos Park
#7 of 45 hotels in Benalmadena
PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Riviera

Hello GS42,

The Riviera is a far better hotel than the Palmasol and is in a much nicer location. The FRONT of the hotel is on the main road and the back leads onto the promenade and beach. The bedrooms are much larger and more comfortable than the Palmasol and the staff are more friendly and professional. The food is typical buffet style and we would prefer to stay there on a bed & breakfast basis as there are many good bars and restaurants within very easy walking distance.

The negative reports that you may read about the Riviera tend to dwell on the fact that it caters for older people rather than young families and this is true, but it suits us.

The location is perfect if you want to be in the "thick of things" but the gardens and pool area are lovely if you do not. I don't think that you will be disappointed. I hope that you all have a wonderful time.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Palmasol
Hotel Palmasol
1,905 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
newcastle
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Riviera

stayed last summer and it is loads nicer than H10. you will love it. stayed on the road side of the hotel and i can not recall losing any sleep,the food we stayed bed & brekka and that was nice. the room two big beds and one campbed.but the rooms are quit big, you will also find little gardens outside to have your own space that was fab.well have a good one gordie

3. Re: Hotel Riviera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 07:49
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations