We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice appreciated x

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any advice appreciated x

Hi, my husband and I are renewing our vows on our Silver Anniversary next year. The ceremony will be on a boat going from Benalmadena Marina, and we are staying in Hotel Polynesia. Would any of you experts know roughly how long the taxi journey will be from our hotel to the Marina? Also we want to book a nice restaurant for the afternoon, any suggestions. There will be 9 of us and we will have no transport so need somewhere close to Marina. It would be great to get a table booked somewhere so were not searching for somewhere the day before.

Also, we are going with our kids who are young adults. Will Hotel Polynesia be an ok base for them going to clubs? I realise it will mean taxis. One last question, is there a Macdonalds within reasonable distance? I'm ashamed to ask, but I know they will all want one at some point.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

7 replies to this topic
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,632 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any advice appreciated x

Congrats on the 25 years.

Taxi to Marina around 15 to 20 mins, 10€ ish.

Same to the clubs for the "young adults" as 24 hr Sq and the marina are very close to each other. Buses run outside the Holiday Village gates every 45 mins or so in summer late night changes to 2 hourly after 23.00. Think a taxi best at that time though.

Burger King is closest to HV but still 10 to 15 on the bus. McD`s is the next stop after BK.

scotland
Level Contributor
20,184 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any advice appreciated x

M120 bus runs along past the Hotel and to Fuengirola Benalmadina Torremilinos , and about 15 minutes in a taxi to the marina I'd say as a guess .its 50 50 really , into los boliches or Benalmadena Marina area

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any advice appreciated x

Thanks so much. Were staying at Hotel Polynesia though, but your information is very helpful. I think the youngsters will love Burger King. x

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any advice appreciated x

Thank you. I will keep a note of that bus number x

Edited: 17 July 2018, 21:47
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,632 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any advice appreciated x

Sorry, its the Holiday World complex with Holiday Village, H Polynesia, Holiday Hydros and Holiday Palace all sharing the same grounds/driveway and entrance off the main road. http://www.holidayworld.es/en/

Edited: 17 July 2018, 23:58
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any advice appreciated x

For a very nice meal try Club Nautico on the marina, they do nice table d’hôte menus and not too expensive either. Excellent service as well.

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary! If you’re looking for balloon decorations I highly recommend Balloon Man Spain.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Any advice appreciated x

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks so much for the advice. I will print this off to look into nearer the time.

Reply to: Any advice appreciated x
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations